What's new

New Broman version Mark II

I finally got around to trying mine. For the purpose I ordered it for I’ll admit it does pretty well. I bought it specially for shaving the back of my neck, as that’s the only thing I still use a cartridge for. For me it performed better than the High Proof.
That being said I’d still avoid this company like the plague. I don’t care if they make a solid gold Mark III that automatically shaves you using AI and is only $29.99 😬

I finally got around to trying mine. For the purpose I ordered it for I’ll admit it does pretty well. I bought it specially for shaving the back of my neck, as that’s the only thing I still use a cartridge for. For me it performed better than the High Proof.
That being said I’d still avoid this company like the plague. I don’t care if they make a solid gold Mark III that automatically shaves you using AI and is only $29.99 😬
I finally used mine for the first time to shave my head.
Cut me three times. Not bad, only because I treated it like the first version that you could press down on.
It's definitely not as mild as the first.
This one will dig in if you do that.
However, I think it did a great job, but it will have to do a few shaves without drawing blood to even start to catch up with the Leaf.

Indeed. I find the High Proof Razor to be absolutely outstanding. It costs more than twice as much as Broman Mk II, but it actually exists as a product--which you will actually receive if you buy it from the manufacturer.

I really WISH that I could say good things about Broman, but I've yet to receive my razor ordered almost seven months ago.

My Broman Timeline
On 03/15/2023, I ordered the Broman Mk II.

On 05/22/2023, I received an E-Mail from Broman saying that they expected that I would receive the razor by 06/22/2023.

On 07/19/2023, I received an E-Mail saying that since their "last" update on 06/19/2023 (FYI, my last update was on 05/22/2023), they'd been assembling and packing razors and that for the past seven days, they'd been shipping them, in order of purchase.

On 09/04/2023, I sent an E-Mail asking for an update on the status of my order and I've received no response.

It is now 10/06/2023. No razor and no communication from them of any sort since 07/19/2023.

Indeed. I find the High Proof Razor to be absolutely outstanding. It costs more than twice as much as Broman Mk II, but it actually exists as a product--which you will actually receive if you buy it from the manufacturer.

I really WISH that I could say good things about Broman, but I've yet to receive my razor ordered almost seven months ago.

My Broman Timeline

On 05/22/2023, I received an E-Mail from Broman saying that they expected that I would receive the razor by 06/22/2023.

On 07/19/2023, I received an E-Mail saying that since their "last" update on 06/19/2023 (FYI, my last update was on 05/22/2023), they'd been assembling and packing razors and that for the past seven days, they'd been shipping them, in order of purchase.

On 09/04/2023, I sent an E-Mail asking for an update on the status of my order and I've received no response.

It is now 10/06/2023. No razor and no communication from them of any sort since 07/19/2023.
I would love to say the High Proof was good, but it is the fourth aluminum razor I own that simply won't do anything but STICK to my skin lol.
The only aluminum razor I have that doesn't do that to me is the Henson, and I have no idea what is different with that one.
I'm sure I would like the High Proof otherwise, however my wife loves using it to shave her legs.

My Broman II Timeline
On 01/04/2023, I ordered the Broman Mk II.

On 07/19/2023, I received an E-Mail saying that since their "last" update on 06/19/2023
(FYI, my last update had been on 05/22/2023), they'd been assembling and packing razors
and that for the past seven days, they'd been shipping them, in order of purchase.

Emails sent to them on 07/15/2023 and 08/15/2023 were ignored.

On 09/20/2023, I received an E-Mail from Broman saying it had shipped.

Razor received on 09/25/2023

After using it for several shaves, it's not half bad - easily worth the money, but not the wait.
Alternate employment should be considered.
I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.

+1, High Proof customer service is outstanding. While their razor didn't work out for me (too much drag), the return process was pain free.

Contrast that to Broman, where the bar is so low that just getting the razor delivered 5 months late is a win...

Here's a happy update to my Broman Timeline: I got a refund from my credit card!

My Broman Timeline

On 09/13/2023, I reported to my credit card company that I'd never received the product and I asked them for a refund.

On 10/22/2023, I received a complete refund from my credit card company.

I wish Broman the best, but I'm glad I was able to get out while being "made whole."

My Broman update.
Finally used the new one a few times.
Not bad. Not particularly good.
Cut myself a couple of times which never happened with the first one, possibly since this one is more aggressive.
Going into the Forgot About Me drawer.
Will use the original version for head shaves until the plastic breaks.

Thanks for the update MrFritz. I am still waiting for mine to be replaced. A few people have said to watch the pressure on the pivot.

it sounds as if they have gone from a razor that didn’t cut to something slightly too aggressive.

Top Bottom