What's new

New blade discovery, ZAZA

Well, ZAZA's done it to me. :w00t:

I always thought my maximum blade purchase would be 10 (i.e. one 10pack or two 5packs) of any blade. Today, after my 3rd shave with the wonderful ZAZA... I purchased 100!

My minimalist self is screaming "Morpheus, you have found The One." :001_wub:

View attachment 658367

My current record of comfortable shaves with my previous love, the Personna Red, is 31... and I usually average one shave every two days (two per day if I want to be really smart or up to once every four days when in stubble/mini-beard/hobo mood). If the ZAZAs last as long as the Personna Reds (bearing in mind that I'm getting longer blade life as my technique improves), that 100 should last me at least 17 years!

That 100 cost me £8 GBP ($11.50 USD) including shipping from a Turkish eBayer (and that was his last 100 pack).

He will get you more if you ask him.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Not long after my post above, my ZAZAs arrived[...]!

attachment.php
Cal:
Just for 'GP'...does the box underneath the plastic 'fold-out'
proxy.php

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp] “[At times, a] razor blade [can be] between gimmickry and amazement”. Richard Mille[/FONT]

Cal:
proxy.php

It does, but I think that it will weaken the plastic and snap off in time.
If you've got an idea of using the dispenser for your blades rotation - Good thinking Batman !! IMHO it will look cool, I used to use a black plastic Wilkinson Sword dispenser for the same purpose (until I bought a retro tin with a hinged lid) a bit of sticky tape worked to reinforce the plastic.
Also a very nice, quaint touch with Zaza blades - a cardboard insert underneath the 10th blade to prevent the used blades from making the wax paper soggy
$20160514_101521.jpg$20160514_101606.jpg$20160514_101439.jpg$20160514_101705.jpg

Attachments

• $20160514_101657.jpg
    $20160514_101657.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 88
proxy.php
If you've got an idea of using the dispenser for your blades rotation - Good thinking Batman !! IMHO it will look cool, I used to use a black plastic Wilkinson Sword dispenser for the same purpose (until I bought a retro tin with a hinged lid) a bit of sticky tape worked to reinforce the plastic.
Also a very nice, quaint touch with Zaza blades - a cardboard insert underneath the 10th blade to prevent the used blades from making the wax paper soggy.
Great information Adam! :thumbup:
I never knew that. I'm really pleased that you asked Christopher. :001_smile

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Cal:
proxy.php

Also a very nice, quaint touch with Zaza blades - a cardboard insert underneath the 10th blade to prevent the used blades from making the wax paper soggy
View attachment 658491View attachment 658492View attachment 658493View attachment 658495
Adam:
Thanx for the info and for sharing! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
[FONT=&quot] "A razor [blade] can't be sharpened on a piece of velvet." Anonymous [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I had my first shave today with a ZaZa. Thanks again for the PIF, [MENTION=106012]1Cal[/MENTION]!

I used it in one of my 1961 Fatboys @3. It was a pleasant shave with little irritation. I think I might have to buy a few of these if this one keeps giving me good shaves.

@1Cal sent me a couple too, but I have to say that I wasn't impressed. View attachment 668340

I had just used a Feather before I used the ZAZA, maybe I was expecting too much, I'll have to try the other one.

After using Feathers in my DE's and GEM's in a very nice Ever-Ready Shovelhead I have trouble using anything else, I've been ruined!

I got 2 from try a blade and I had to switch to a Polsilver SI mid shave because it was tugging really bad under my chin. It could have been a bad blade but I will stick with what works for me. I was using the Fatip Picollo.

I used a Fatip Piccolo with a Zaza today. I got a good shave with it. There was a bit of post-shave irritation under my nose, but my aftershave got rid of it. This is a decent blade for me. Astra SP is still better, however.

Top Bottom