What's new

NBA Draft....Nuggets

Steve Nash and Kobe would have been good 5 years ago. I hate the Lakers with the passion, but I can look at any team objectively. Nash won't get the Lakers another championship. And who the hell knows where Dwight will end up.

I don't know... I tend to agree with you, but the Lakers were pretty good last year in their first year under a new head coach in a season without a real off season to adjust to the new coach. And Nash is a HUGE upgrade over Sessions even if he isn't going to be MVP Steve Nash. He's still one of the best point guards.

Rough time to be a MAVS fan. Poor Dirk.

Nuggets just picked up Anthony Randolph and amnestied Chris Anderson. Wow....liking this squad more and more

I hear that. Dirk's stuck out on an island this season unless the Mavs can make with some tricky trade maneuvering. Too bad, because the guy is hella talented and on the downside of his career. Think they'll ever trade him?

That would be WEIRD. He's been there his whole career. It's always really weird to see someone who's played forever on one team in another team's jersey. I think it would be unfortunate. He can't be happy with the direction the Mavs are going, though. He doesn't have many years left and the team is definitely going backwards. He can't be happy watching all of the moves other teams are making.

Don't know what to make of the Lin thing. Tough spot for the Knicks.

I don't know. I think Evan Fournier will add a diffferent dynamic to the front court. change things up and make for good assists and ball movement. hell since Carmelo left u need that. I'm a Knicks fan and wanted Carmelo gone. Even Lin with his overpaid Asian hype. Sorry, I don't drink the koolaid. (i.e. the hype)
marketing doesn't win championships. just ask Larry brown, Pat Riley (my fave), or Phil Jackson.

I'd rather have Jeremy Lin than Carmelo Anthony. At least Lin has shown, albeit briefly, that he can make his teammates better. The only thing Carmelo can do is score. He's horrible on defense, can't rebound, can't pass, can't block, can't steal. He's a ball hog and even as a scorer, he's pretty MEH.

I'm pretty sure James Dolan doesn't have a clue what he's doing. I think his philosophy is "grab available players that are good, regardless of whether they fit into our system." The Lin and D'Antoni thing was working, but now they're both gone. He'd rather have two guys who can score, but can't play defense in Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire.

There was an interview with Phil Jackson a couple of weeks ago and they asked him if he'd be interested in coaching the Knicks and he referred to the Knicks as a clumsy (or maybe it was awkward) team. They asked him to elaborate and he said that it's a poorly assembled team. This seems extremely obvious to me. I don't understand how the Knicks don't see it. Just grabbing star players doesn't work. It worked for the Heat because they grabbed three top 10 players. Bosh was great in Toronto and I'd still take him over either Carmelo or Amar'e.

Top Bottom