What's new

Mystic Waters new formulation Coconut - Lather pics and Review

How does the scent compare to Trumper's coconut? I found the original MW coconut scent a bit too artificial smelling so I'm looking forward to trying out the new one.

Nice review. I just ordered a tub of the coconut.
Anyone tried the rose sandalwood yet?

I had a sample of the sandalwood rose. It was really a nice scent. I can't buy a full puck of it because I'm a little bit allergic to sandalwood scents, but I think if you like rose and sandalwood you would enjoy it. It is moderately scented and the two scents are nicely balanced.

How does the scent compare to Trumper's coconut? I found the original MW coconut scent a bit too artificial smelling so I'm looking forward to trying out the new one.

I am also curious. GFT coconut is one of my favorites, I like the natural scent that comes from the coconut oil that it is made from. I just ordered a sample of the MW coconut after reading this thread, I am looking forward to trying it..

I wish I had some trumpers to compare, but this new soap smells very true to life.

Thanks for the review. I just tried the new coconut from a sample this morning for the first time. I'm a huge fan of Mystic Waters soaps, but did not care for the first iteration of coconut; the scent just didn't do anything for me.

This new scent is much, much better. I got a lather much like the OPs and had a nice shave. The scent smells like real coconut, with just a hint of earthiness behind it, kind of like the basenotes of Czech and Speake's Oxford and Cambridge. I'm not sure if the earthy undertone is part of the scenting or is just the tallow soap smell coming through. Either way, the scent is pleasant, the lather is amazing, and the shave is great.

After a few shaves with mystic waters coconut I am very impressed. This is in my top two soaps now. I will be trying Lilly of the valley and rose sandalwood as well.

I had a chance to try the coconut soap this morning. I must say the soap is very impressive. As far as the scent goes, I mentioned above I would compare with GFT coconut, well, I think I received the wrong sample. I was overwhelmed with mint and could detect little else. It may have been my imagination, but I thought I may have gotten a little undertone of toasted coconut, but really was overwhelmed with the mint. Can anyone tell me is this how the MW coconut soap smells?

Well, on to the cedar and sage tomorrow :001_rolle

Wow. Talk about customer service. I just received a message from Michelle, stating she would happily send another sample of the coconut. The cedar and sage or lime samples that I had ordered at the same time may have contaminated the fragrance. This was probably the case as I now recall opening the package to the strong scent of mint.

Thanks Michelle

I have to wait until June 6th to place my coconut order :( I'll probably place a lily of the valley order as well to see how it stacks up against Razorock's Muguet de France. Btw thanks to the reviewer for the awesome read. More reviews of this caliber would be a benefit to everyone. In fact, I think the shave purchase sabbatical thread should be alerted of the superb quality of this review. :devil:

My coconut sample has an earthy undertone. Not minty, though.

I tried my sample of cedar and sage today, and I would say it was definitely this fragrance that had leached through the plastic bags and overpowered the coconut. The fragrance today was the same as yesterday when trying the coconut sampler.

As posted above Michelle at Mystic Waters already contacted me to remedy that. Again, Great service.

It's amazing what a couple purdy pictures will do. As soon as my paycheck hits my account tonight at midnight, I have nice little pre-planned order to put through at MW.

Top Bottom