What's new

My Truth behind the Art of Shaving...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that part is always understood and doesn't need to be clarified.

Are we actually using this forum, and this thread about AoS to start spouting bs about how evil the US is? Give me a break.

Isn't an ability to leave understood as well? So why post that in response?

I think it was a quack post as well but I didn't feel the need to respond, much less give him the ol' "Love it or leave it!" speech.

Am I the only one skeptical over this story?

"Protect my identity"? From who, the P&G goon squad?

It seems like there is more than enough information in the post for AoS to identify the poster if they really wanted to; they're not that big of a company, and sending the post around to their store managers would probably ID the poster in a day or two.

Maybe more like preventing anyone from verifying this...

This is really awful to read. Although I've never had the "pleasure" of going to AOS, I will definitely not be giving them my business after this post. I can guess that there are some AOS shops that are respectful and are run reputably, but the fact that management and corporate allow such practices is astoundingly offensive.

Call me cynical, but I think this is exactly the kind of reaction the post was intended to elicit.

Besides commiserating with the OP, what's the point of this thread? Is it to whip ourselves into a lather :)wink2:) over AOS? Besides the anecdotes about difficult customers, I don't see too much that's shaving related in it. I'm in favor of honest discussion, but axe-grinding and pile-on threads aren't really what B&B is about.

Future employers maybe... you have to be careful about that stuff. You post your name on the internet and anybody can find what you have said about past employers in no time.

So don't post your name. But not which store? When?

The "to protect my identity" and overall tone of the post makes it sound - to me - like someone had an axe to grind.

I wonder if this was springs1 :lol:

I'm in favor of honest discussion, but axe-grinding and pile-on threads aren't really what B&B is about.

This isn't intended as a knock on your viewpoint, but sometimes I think people don't want to hear anything but positive stuff about vendors. What is the point of the million threads about great customer service from a vendor? Those threads don't, ultimately, have anything to do with shaving either.

People base their opinions about these companies on experiences other people have had... good and bad. Sometimes I don't understand why we only want to read the good stories.

This thread has gone a bit off topic, but I don't see anything wrong with expressing opinions, or sharing experiences about AoS.

overall tone of the post makes it sound - to me - like someone had an axe to grind.

Absolutely... I agree with you, man. But if the guy came here and said what a great employer AoS had been for him, everyone would welcome information and say, hey one more reason to love AoS, or what have you.

I also agree with somebody earlier that pointed out that the OP probably won't stay and contribute in the future, which would be a shame. Hopefully, he sticks around and has some positive contributions for the community and this isn't just about him registering to complain about AoS.

Yes, America ...don't you know? Land of the slave .... and their masters can do anything to "employees". The law is on the side of the corporation and almost never on the side of the "People". We still believe in executing criminals over here too (and some people are still invited to "witness" the gruesome sight).

This story represents the bad side of America - and there are lots of bad sides, although this is what people do in the name of freedom.

Er, I actually think the employer *could* be liable in this case...actually, the OP would be wise to talk to an employment lawyer. I'd wager that one would at least give him a free consultation, given the story he's got. We certainly don't have strong wrongful-dismissal laws like the UK does, but we certainly do have laws against harassment, retaliation, and certain kind of discrimination. I am not a lawyer, this is not a legal opinion, but honestly, we're not that bad.

People base their opinions about these companies on experiences other people have had... good and bad. Sometimes I don't understand why we only want to read the good stories.

This thread has gone a bit off topic, but I don't see anything wrong with expressing opinions, or sharing experiences about AoS.

Completely reasonable. I just think this thread has already evolved into yet another AOS bash-fest (and likely will sink lower still). People who read B&B are already quite well aware of that vendor's potential shortcomings.

I don't think there's much to say to the OP besides "Sorry about your terrible experience, I hope you have better luck in your next job."

I'm sure the good people of Iran are grateful for your clarification.

I only hope that those who get all jippity-joppity excited to show off how "informed" they are by bad-mouthing the US at any and all opportunities will mature enough to grow some facial hair and be able to participate in this community in a non-theoretical fashion.

Give me a break.

I only hope that those who get all jippity-joppity excited to show off how "informed" they are by bad-mouthing the US at any and all opportunities will mature enough to grow some facial hair and be able to participate in this community in a non-theoretical fashion.

Ok, now it's off topic. lol. :lol:

This doesn't even make sense.

Give me a break.

:lol::lol:

The problem, as I see it, is that a massive corporation bought a specialty niche business. Running a specialty niche business requires a lot of knowledge and passion (about the business); you can't simply hire and train this.

I'm sorry to hear your story. On the bright side, you have skills and can easily find another place to showcase them where you are respected and appreciated.

Welcome to B&B.

Guys we need to take a step back and realize the OP just signed up yesterday and made one post and hasn't been back. It doesn't tell me much other than to "meh" the whole thing, it's not worth for us to appear to get heated over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom