What's new

My 'review' of Rhodia, Field Notes, and Moleskine (as promised!)

Nice review! IMO Rhodia and Clairefontaine make the absolute finest paper out there, if you don't mind waiting an extra couple of seconds for drying time. They really come into their own when using a wet nib and an ink with lots of shading, like Noodler's Apache Sunset. Gorgeous.

Try the Black n' Red notebooks. I really like their hard-cover double-wire notebooks. Rhodia's "polished" paper comes in second for me, but I don't like their formats. Clairefontaine's bound books are classy, but I don't like the paper as much.
Levenger Circa paper works well, but is expensive and the system isn't for everyone. Best tried during one of their sales. I really like a lab notebook size and hard covers, but haven't tried Levenger's due to the absurd price.

I have a Moleskine Soft Cover Monthly Calendar book and a Moleskine Soft Cover Journal. I actually just ordered the small 3 x 4 3/4 Rhodia pocket notebooks to carry around at work and such. I am so tired of cheap wirebound notebooks falling apart in my pocket within a few days of walking around and having a notepad on me is important.

Top Bottom