What's new

My first Paladin and she is a Beaut!!

F4A979BC-E6F1-4885-ACDF-BE4171DBDAF5.jpeg
A9C216CF-6D54-4D94-BF69-05C83EAC64D0.jpeg
The brush has great backbone and the brush feels better than my Simpson Best Duke 3! Awesome brush! @Mullen88

Very attractive! I’m a fan of that handle shape. Enough grip to be comfortable, and enough between your knuckles and the badger hair that your hand doesn’t get covered in lather.

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning, congratulations. Had my eye on a Paladin for a while but a 26mm Tut hasn’t been in stock for some time. I guess I’ll have to be patient. Enjoy your new toy.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! It is really a nice brush. I am so impressed with it I might order another one soon!!!

Looks great, but do tell us more, what makes it so great ?

I for example am pretty restrained on brush spending and love my, can I call it a budget Semogue OC 2 band badger. For me this has excellent face feel and decent backbone. If there's any room for improvement, I wouldn't mind a bit more dense, more backbone to my next brush (with same face feel ideally), so do share more on what makes this one so great.

Paladin is a nice brush for certain. Mine can get lather out of a cinder block. They have “just enough” backbone. Good in the bowl or as a face lather tool. Soft tips, no skritch. You’re gonna like yours.

Looks great, but do tell us more, what makes it so great ?

I for example am pretty restrained on brush spending and love my, can I call it a budget Semogue OC 2 band badger. For me this has excellent face feel and decent backbone. If there's any room for improvement, I wouldn't mind a bit more dense, more backbone to my next brush (with same face feel ideally), so do share more on what makes this one so great.
@Bbb34 I would say first off the quality and craftmanship is evident, better than my Simpson Best Chubby 1 and Simpson Best Duke 3 which are mass produced. It is a work of art. The badger hair is better than my Simpsons and it has a great medium to medium firm backbone with soft gel like tips. I don't have any other high end badgers to compare it to except my Simpsons and it blows them away. The big 3 at the moment seem to be Declaration Brushworks, Paladin and Morris & Forndrian. Wish I had DB and M&F to compare with. It is a luxury product and I might buy another one because I am so impressed with it. I do also have a Stirling Synthetic Tuxedo knot that I love and gets the job done. The Paladin has a firmer backbone and better feel to me. Does it have a $140.00 better feel ($160.00 for Paladin and $20.00 for Stirling Synthetic) than the Stirling probably not but it is luxury item I don't mind spending money on and want to experience. To each is own in that department.

Enjoy it. Ken makes beautiful brushes and I am a proud owner of four of them. If I ever hit the lotto I will buy more!

@Bbb34 I would say first off the quality and craftmanship is evident, better than my Simpson Best Chubby 1 and Simpson Best Duke 3 which are mass produced. It is a work of art. The badger hair is better than my Simpsons and it has a great medium to medium firm backbone with soft gel like tips. I don't have any other high end badgers to compare it to except my Simpsons and it blows them away. The big 3 at the moment seem to be Declaration Brushworks, Paladin and Morris & Forndrian. Wish I had DB and M&F to compare with. It is a luxury product and I might buy another one because I am so impressed with it. I do also have a Stirling Synthetic Tuxedo knot that I love and gets the job done. The Paladin has a firmer backbone and better feel to me. Does it have a $140.00 better feel ($160.00 for Paladin and $20.00 for Stirling Synthetic) than the Stirling probably not but it is luxury item I don't mind spending money on and want to experience. To each is own in that department.

I would suggest trying to obtain a Declaration. Nothing against Paladin at all, I own 5 and love every one of them, but if you truly want the best knot available that would hands down be a Declaration.

I would suggest trying to obtain a Declaration. Nothing against Paladin at all, I own 5 and love every one of them, but if you truly want the best knot available that would hands down be a Declaration.

At the risk of repeating myself. :D :D
What makes them so good - not doubting you, just genuinely curious what characteristics make them "the best" for you?

Oh, and only 1 out of 4 is actually available for purchase on their web site, the others are not in stock.

Well, this is a Paladin thread, so without being disrespectful to them, which again is a great brush with fantastic knots. The Declaration knots are hand tied by Scott personally to match every handle. You will not find a denser knot anywhere. It's almost comical how fully packed they are and are perfectly shaped. If you don't believe me, just do some some research and you will find out how coveted they are. I understand they are very hard to acquire, you have to be lucky and get one within a few minutes of them being put up on their site. He doesn't post that they're coming, but plenty of folks on FB announce that they're in stock. An easier way to get a knot though is to send him a handle and have him put one of his knots in it.

Top Bottom