What's new

Paladin Brush Availability

That's interesting. What material(s) specifically? And when was back in the day?

Most of the rod I have on hand presently was purchased in 2016-2017. I bought a large stack in 2016 when the British Pound fell against the US$. All of the Jade, Lemon Drop, and Lapis Lazuli in our current offering is from 2016. And I haven't been cherry-picking along the way. I kicked myself in the *** for a while for going overboard, but I'm glad now that I did. GPS doesn't stock any of that stuff anymore (or at least didn't the last time I checked in there).

I honestly don't think there is any significant difference between the standard materials we were turning 5-10 years ago and those same materials we're using today. And the stuff is highly color-stable.

See the photo below. How would you compare the Jade and Lemon Drop to what you remember as having been better?

View attachment 1818843

FWIW, photos of just about every brush we sold between mid-2015 and sometime in 2019 or early 2020 can be found in our Flickr Gallery: Paladin Shaving’s albums | Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/141014234@N04/albums/. Also, I did not photo-editing of the image above other than cropping and downsizing a bit.
Those are all absolutely beautiful pieces of art especially the one on the left chief. To each their own I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
@ChiefBroom

I had this large collection of color patterns and shapes that I liked on my old PC, and now I can't find them on my new PC. This is sad. I am 100 percent sure there was a "Paladin Brushes" folder on one of my hard disks with about 20-30 photos if not more. :(

That happens. But can you remember which materials from back in the day you think looked better than current production? And what do you have in mind when you refer to current production? Fact is the only handle materials being used in current production (literally) are those we're offering in the special edition announced this past Sunday. Prior to that, the only handles I've turned over the past couple of years were for special events (e.g., Halloween, Pi Day, and the Contributors' group buy here on B&B last year). The brushes that have appeared in our online shop over the past two-plus years were made with handles I turned prior to 2022. I took a long break.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Here's another material in current production.

P3252994wsc1.jpg

Top Bottom