What's new

My first boar

What's the purpose of the excess drying time (2 days) during the "break-in" period?

Individual horse or badger hairs don't absorb water, but individual boar hairs do. It takes that long for them to fully dry out, which really speeds up the break-in process. If you use it every day, it'll still break in just fine, it just takes longer.

Well, just took it on the maiden voyage! Lathered up just fine...very soft tips (surprised...my black badger and pure badger are more scritchy), good backbone, and plenty of lather for many passes. Don't know what soft of improvement can happen after breaking it in (since it performed so well to start)...but I'm definitely interested in finding out!

Thanks again for all the tips, gents!

... Don't know what soft of improvement can happen after breaking it in (since it performed so well to start)...but I'm definitely interested in finding out!

My Omega '49 worked right out of the box, too. The tips got a little softer after a few weeks, but even if that had not happened, it would still be a great brush.

Top Bottom