What's new

muhle r89 vs edwin jagger 89 vs muhle r89 grande

If I were in the market today I'd buy the "Twist" I just already have (and like) a Grande and can't justify buying it.

Will the Muhle/EJ 89 heads fit Merkur three-piece razor handles? I have a ten-year old EJ Chatsworth DE that came fitted with a classic Merkur head. I would like to upgrade to a Muhle head for the Chatsworth handle, if they're a compatible fit. I don't know if the thread pattern for the Muhle head is different from the Merkur, though.

Also, for those who know, how does the Muhle/EJ head compare to the Merkur classic? Milder? Better tolerances? No differences?

Will the Muhle/EJ 89 heads fit Merkur three-piece razor handles? I have a ten-year old EJ Chatsworth DE that came fitted with a classic Merkur head. I would like to upgrade to a Muhle head for the Chatsworth handle, if they're compatible fit. I don't know if the thread pattern for the Muhle head is different from the Merkur, though.

Also, for those who know, how does the Muhle/EJ head compare to the Merkur classic? Milder? Better tolerances? No differences?

They're all metric M5 x 0.8 ...

Most people seem to think the Merkurs are a little bit more aggressive.

They're all metric M5 x 0.8 ...

Most people seem to think the Merkurs are a little bit more aggressive.

Thanks. I find the fixed Merkurs to be a bit more aggressive than my liking, which is why I default to adjustables that allow me to go milder. Unfortunately, that means I've mothballed the gorgeous Chatsworth. Sounds like the "new" EJ head might be worth trying. (I know it's not all that new; I'm just a late adopter.)

Hi guys,

I'm new to DE shaving and splashed out for the Muhle R89 Grande and absolutely love it.

I have nothing to compare it to, but it is fantastic. Really nice workmanship and great to use. I currently have no intention of buying anything else.

Just my opinion.

Top Bottom