What's new

Mr. Bingle Presents: The Second Annual Reindeer & Sleigh Holiday Gift Exchange!

It was brought to my attention, that some members may not like their full name being shown in the participants list. You can change this yourself in just a few simple steps.

1) Click the settings arrow near the search box.

$Step1-ClickSettings.jpg

Step 2) Click "Change" Next to "Name" in the top row.
$Step2-ChangeName.JPG

Step 3) Change your name to what you would prefer (I encourage you to use your B&B Alias for familiarity).
$Step3-ClickSave.JPG

I understand the desire for privacy in this day and age, so if there is anything you are uncomfortable with, please don't hesitate to bring it to my attention. Santa wants us all safe and happy!

I wanted to mention one little thing for those of you who are considering being open to ship internationally. Remember that many of the countries where our participants reside have online shops which can greatly reduce your costs to ship to that friend.

I hope he won't mind me using him as an example, but Andy wished for some bike pedals.

I could easily buy some pedals here, then ship them to Aussieland for about 4 bajillion pesos. Or, I could just buy them from wiggle.com.au and have them ship directly to Andy! That's a whole lot cheaper!

So if you're on the fence about shipping overseas, that's something to consider.

I'm a newbie (at least to Mr Bingle) that's in! Following the thread from last year, this just sounded like too much fun. Sending PM now!

So far, lots of familiar "faces".... any newbies? C'mon, it's tons of fun... Join the party!

Last edited:
I am in...first time.I am participating in my country's forum secret Santa every year. I am active in B&b and the reason lately I don't post so often is I am in the army.I promise to send rare items my friends.

After looking around on Elfster, I have a couple recommendations.

First of all, last year, I believe it was recommended that all participants create a personal Wiki Page on B&B. The B&B Wiki software is already set up for each user to have a wiki page, you just need to go in and populate it. You can just do a simple text list, or you can get fancy with the wiki code. Either way, the idea is if you list what you currently have in your den, then it gives your gifter (stalker) an idea of the type of things you like, and if they have a question about something you may have already, they can check your Wiki to verify. Here is a link to mine as An Example. How this pertains to Elfster, is that you can put your website into Elfster under your name and photo. I'd suggest putting a link to your wiki in that place.

Second, you have the option to follow people in Elfster, and get updates on their wishlists and such. I'd suggest NOT following whoever you get paired with, because you can see a list of everyone that is following you. And we want to keep it anonymous, right? At least until the gifts are opened.

I had a blast last year and will have to jump in again this year. Will be sending a PM over later with my info.

This was a lot of fun last year, along with the "I miss Xmas" exchange. I see a lot of familiar names. And both my buddies! lol

I'm in, PM sent

Top Bottom