What's new

Most Expensive Shaving Brush?

oh, the mother of pearl brush is a original MUEHLE from 1950. The mother of pearl is from the lake next to the company building. MUEHLE itself has only 3 sample brushes of this kind in the company collection. I bought one unused from the son of a Russian soldier last year and send it back to MUEHLE for their museum.

This thread is perfect for another topic in brushes on this forum, asking your thoughts on why it really justifies in paying a ridicules price for just a brush, $15 compared to a $200 and over brush.

You might be interested in the answers posted.

Is a Montblanc pen worth 1000 dollars? Is any shaving brush worth more than 100 dollars? So many factors go into prices. The name. How it is made. The rarity. You can get silver tip badgers well below 100 dollars. Are the Stirling knock off scents any different than the original scents they mimic. Etc...

Reactions: nav

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Is a Montblanc pen worth 1000 dollars? Is any shaving brush worth more than 100 dollars? So many factors go into prices. The name. How it is made. The rarity. You can get silver tip badgers well below 100 dollars. Are the Stirling knock off scents any different than the original scents they mimic. Etc...
Necromancy.jpg

I got a a Shavemac 177 on the BST for next to nothing and I use it everyday. It’s been so long I can’t remember the price. I got a boomerang from Australia when I sent a razor to a member. I didn’t want anything, but the member insisted I take something. It was pretty cool, had it for years in my office until one of the kids got hold of it. Unfortunately, it broke. Couldn’t shave with it but it had a good backstory.

VDH boar brush. Bought it 15 years ago, use it everyday. $4
I did use the same brush every day for about 18 months before sending it back to the manufacturer for analysis. I've used many since but will start emulating your approach a lot more. For starters I will go back to sticking with one brush. Thank you!

I did use the same brush every day for about 18 months before sending it back to the manufacturer for analysis. I've used many since but will start emulating your approach a lot more. For starters I will go back to sticking with one brush. Thank you!
Returned for analysis?

Returned for analysis?
It was a Simpson T3. I used it daily and I started receiving comments on my daily shaving posts. The top bristles in the centre of the brush resembled an eye of a Hurricane.

I sent some photos to Simpson. They replied that they’ve never seen one of their brushes look like that so they offered me a replacement in exchange. When the replacement arrived I gave it to one of my sons to get him started on his wet shaving adventures.

Gents, I am wondering what is the most expensive brush out there? I have seen some that are over $500 and have heard talk of those over $700. Have you seen any that would top those prices and what would those be? Thanks--Just a curious question.
Think the Crazy Rich could have Brush with Dismonds Imbessed in Handle, or Elephant Ivory Handle with Scrimshaw.

But at what point does Brush stop becoming functional tool, and turn into functional art?

Top Bottom