What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Thanks, Ken. Works for me.

I've been meaning to say, Ben, your collection of M&Fs is incredible. Peter, I'm sure yours is as well. I'm wondering if either of you two gentleman would be so kind as to submit photos of your whole M&F stables as a "catalog" of sorts for those just finding out about these brushes and weighing their options. It'd be nice to say, "see Ben's post #1242 for some examples of the handle styles Lee could craft for you." Maybe we could make a wiki entry with said photos, too.

While that sounds good, I'm not sure that members here should be making up a catalogue for Lee, as he's not seen fit to publish one himself. He's indicated to me in an email that he isn't doing customs anymore, so perhaps it would be better to wait & see where he is taking his business,

He's indicated to me in an email that he isn't doing customs anymore,

This is a bit of an oversimplification. What Lee is trending away from is having someone send him a sketch and try to build it. He will still tune knots to your spec (loft, density and such) and he will still take an idea and develop a brush for you from it (how exactly this differs from what he won't do I'm not quite sure, but it makes sense to him:lol:) Bottom line is, if he wants to make it, he will... You can only ask.... :lol: In my limited experience, the answer always seems to be "yes"

Ken

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Ok, his words to me were "I am really sorry as such I don't do customs anymore as its just to much trouble". Guess that is over-simplified. My only intent, if you read the full post, was that members shouldn't get all fired up expecting a full blown custom. I didn't mean to demean the product at all, I am enjoying the M&F that was purchased as a consequence of this thread ..

That's exactly what I did and he showed me 4 of his hidden beauties. The one I bought I've never seen before or anything close on all 65 pages of pictures on this post or online. Then I threw out my two cents on an idea I had and Lee liked the idea and is making it as a prototype out of curiosity and selling it to me once it's done. So he still does customs, it just has to fuel his interest as well.

he may not be doing customs, but if you email him and say 'hey Lee what do you have available?'...you'll probably be surprised with what hes got.

While that sounds good, I'm not sure that members here should be making up a catalogue for Lee, as he's not seen fit to publish one himself. He's indicated to me in an email that he isn't doing customs anymore, so perhaps it would be better to wait & see where he is taking his business,

Hi Gary, thanks for weighing in. I agree, we shouldn't make a catalogue for Lee in a strict sense. Sorry for the confusion, but what I meant to suggest was that we create a repository of pictures of Lee's brushes that members might peruse to get an idea of what Lee has made. This might entice some to order brushes from Lee, or it might guide what some request from Lee. Until he publishes his own catalogue, the only way for a potential customer to consider the range of brushes he makes is to peruse the 1200 or so posts in this thread. A wiki entry or compendium would simplify things, I believe. Perhaps if Lee finds a large number of requests for a certain brush style, he'll decide to make this one of his production brushes. He can certainly tell someone a brush style is not available and allow them to choose another. And I believe you are right, Lee doesn't do customs. But everyone is entitled to ask.

... gotta get my fix, man!!! Hurtin real bad man!!!!

Get your M&F fix here with my latest arrivals from Lee...

(arrived this afternoon, so obviously not had a chance to lather any of them up... yet!)

full

M&F Chubby "Tigereye", Victorian "Coral", Chubby and Beehive "Starburst."

full

Close up of the tigereye, coral and starburst - some of the loveliest handles yet (material wise IMO)!

full

Coral "Victorian"

full

Starburst "Chubby" and "Beehive"

full

36mm (yes 36mm, it's not a typo!) Chubby (3 band)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing Ben! If you hadn't put that pack of Iridiums next to the Chubby, I'd have thought the picture was distorted (stretched wide).

Beautiful handles, Lee!

I'm seeing some fantastic brushes in here guys...keep posting...I asked Lee the last time I ordered (2 weeks ago, expecting my brush any day now) what he had available in 30mm + and he doesn't have a lot of those unique handle blanks in big enough pieces to do the big brushes.

So you small brush guys are very lucky to have some beautiful handle materials. Fantiastic stuff!

Looks like today the mailman was very busy. I just got an envelope too :smile: I have yet to open it. Stay tuned. All these brushes must have been mailed the same day.

Top Bottom