What's new

Mmmmm...Butterscotch!

Jer, is the 28/46 specs the same as your CH2 as well? What's the flow through like on the M&F, better or same as your Chubbster?

Jer, is the 28/46 specs the same as your CH2 as well? What's the flow through like on the M&F, better or same as your Chubbster?

The Chubby 2 is really close at 28/47, so they are basically the same. The flow through is not the greatest because, like the Chubby, it is a lather hog. Overall they are really close to one another both in density, flow through and performance. The obvious difference is the Simpson's "best" vs Lee's "silvertip". The M&F has soft tips that I compare closely the the face feel of my Tulip 2 in "super badger". I can say that I love them both very dearly but my Chubby 2 will always be my number one brush. The M&F butterscotch takes the crown for beauty though.

I know I have said this before but Lee's brushes are superbly crafted. I have not owned another brush that feels as well made and sheds so few hairs during initial use. He really makes a great brush!

Last edited:
The Chubby 2 is really close at 28/47, so they are basically the same. The flow through is not the greatest because, like the Chubby, it is a lather hog. Overall they are really close to one another both in density, flow through and performance. The The obvious difference is the Simpson's "best" vs Lee's "silvertip". The M&F has soft tips that I compare closely the the face feel of my Tulip 2 in "super badger". I can say that I love them both very dearly but my Chubby 2 will always be my number one brush. The M&F butterscotch takes the crown for beauty though.

I know I have said this before but Lee's brushes are superbly crafted. I have not owned another brush that feels as well made and sheds so few hairs during initial use. He really makes a great brush!
Chubby's will always be my no. 1 too. The reason I asked how similar they were is because I was at the verge of getting a CH2 in Super for days i want to give my 2 band Super a rest and when I'm in the mood for some more pampering as opposed to a pleasant scrub.

This clearly sounds like a wonderful alternative and a cheaper one at that. Plus at least it won't seem like I have the same exact brush in my den if I acquired another Simpson CH2. Thanks for the response.

Top Bottom