What's new

Mitchell’s Replacement?

One could always inquire on current stock. They have been good at replying with inquiries I have found. Still, sometimes not a guarantee on current rotation. Worth a try?
Yes they are very good at replying to inquiries. If you really want the tallow version I would ask for a pic of the ingredients list from there current stock, not the pic they have on there website. I inquired about there robusto shave soap, was told it was tallow. Ordered the shave soap and no tallow. Last I looked on there site the robusto is still listed with tallow.

proxy.php

You might like DR Harris; probably one of the milder scents like the Almond. Available as a plain soap refill.

There's a very similar soap called Cyril R Salter Solid with a fairly mild bergamot+lavender type scent. About half the cost of the Harris soap, when buying from Connaught in the UK.

These are traditional hard tallow soaps, but they don't have lanolin. I thought the post-shave feel was fine, though.

I haven't tried this myself, but for those lamenting the loss of tallow base MWF, you ought to pick up a grooming Dept preshave jar and use the new formula with it. It might be exactly what you desire and possibly even better than the original.

Haslinger Schafmilch

I have always thought of Haslinger Schafmilch as a great stand-in for Mitchell’s Wool Fat (MWF), but it will not fit the bill for someone who is looking for an “original” (tallow) MWF replacement.

Top Bottom