What's new

Mickey Lee Soapworks?

I have samples of Italian Stallion and The Kraken but haven't tried them yet. Kraken has a awesome scent. barbershop with a little bit of an aquatic scent! I have heard great things and cant wait to try them

I have the Kraken and I'll echo a lot of things others have said about ML soaps. One, they are similar to B&M, which is a good thing. If anything I find the ML lather to be even thicker/yogurt-like in consistency than B&M and needing a bit more water and taking a bit longer to lather up. I love the scent of the Kraken but unfortunately it does seem to irritate my skin a little, which I attribute to the fragrance. Not so much that I will stop using it, but enough for me to notice. I have fairly sensitive skin (Stroppe Shoppe and Tiki soaps both made me go bright red, unfortunately). I'm thinking about another ML soap but want one with a milder fragrance in the hope of no irritation. Anybody can weigh in on the scent of Bali Hai?

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I am a big fan of the Mickey Lee soaps and recently purchased her preshave butter. No one has commented, as of yet, on her preshave. By way of background, I use either a Preshave Oil or the Proraso Preshave. To summarize quickly, my preshave oil does a great job of moisturizing my skin but doesn't add much slickness while the Proraso provides a very slick shave, presumably from the high glycerin content.

At room temperature the Mickey Lee PreShave has the consistency of butter which I assume is from the high coconut oil content which is semisolid at room temperature. (ingredients: coconut oil; glycerin; almond oil; avocado oil; jojoba oil) A quick rub on the hands and the semisolid turns into a light oil. The butter spreads easily. It is not nearly as heavy as any of the preshave oils that I have used. After using it daily for over 1 week, I would say that the Mickey Lee PreShave is right in between my preshave oil and the ProRaso PreShave. It is slicker for sure than the standard Preshave oil but not as moisturizing; It is less slick than the ProRaso preshave but more moisturizing. (For those of you who are concerned, the ML Butter is light and washes off easily. No oily goo on the razor or anything.)

Excellent Product. A keeper for sure.

I have a tub of La Belle du Sud and can attest its a very cushioning lather. Their scents are always strong (sometimes too strong for some sensitive folks), but I really enjoy them.

Can anyone with the Kraken comment on if it's like Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar?
I've not used T&H, so I can't say.

MLSW has said they are releasing several new products on May 30. So far, a Sandalwood pre-shave and a new soap (Paradise Frost, a grapefruit/menthol scent) have been announced. Excited to find out what the others are.

I have MLS Bali Hai. It's a floral scent that I like. Although the scent description on the MLS site doesn't describe it as such, it reminds me of honeysuckle. Very nice, very nice indeed.

I am a fan of Mickey Lee soaps. I already have Drunken Goat, Cocoa Maya and La Belle du Sud. Can anyone comment on the Italian Stalllion scent? I like citrus scents when they are more sour than sweet. For frame of reference, I find the La Belle to be OK but on the sweet side.

Thanks

Can't wait for the Pina Colada! May 30th is going to be great!

Pina Colada?

Are you certain? Facebook page had a photo of Paradise Frost (grapefruit/menthol), and mentions the return of Panty Dropper, but there was no mention of Pina Colada. Where did you get your info? Pina Colada would be awesome.

If pro is the opposite of con, what is the opposite of Congress?
― Will Rogers

5 soaps, 1 preshave, and bath soaps/shampoo bars are what I've heard about. Paradise Frost and Pantie Dropper but people have already tried samples of the Pina Colada. Can't remember where I read that now.

5 soaps, 1 preshave, and bath soaps/shampoo bars are what I've heard about. Paradise Frost and Pantie Dropper but people have already tried samples of the Pina Colada. Can't remember where I read that now.

I have a sample of the piña colada and it smells exactly like the drink. Spot on to my nose.

Aw come!!!! Why the heck do they keep doing this to me and producing all the great smelling soaps. I am never going to get through what I have. :lol:

On a side note shaved with the sample of Bali Hai that I have. Wasn't sure if I'd like it due to the "flowery" scent, but I wound up loving it. Very subtle scent that is awesome and performance is what you would expect from their soaps.

I'm tellin' ya... I think there's somethin' about that lanolin.

I Am going to have to try some, because I wondered the same thing. The only other ingredient I wonder about in Stirling is the clay. All I know, is I really enjoy several brands of soap, and get comfortable shaves from them, but I have yet to find one as utterly slick as Stirling. (Lots I haven't tried yet, admittedly)

I Am going to have to try some, because I wondered the same thing. The only other ingredient I wonder about in Stirling is the clay. All I know, is I really enjoy several brands of soap, and get comfortable shaves from them, but I have yet to find one as utterly slick as Stirling. (Lots I haven't tried yet, admittedly)

I believe that clay contributes to slickness, and I speculate that Stirling uses a certain quality/quantity of clay that makes it super slick but more work to lather. There's a lot of soaps that sort of split the difference more than Stirling, so they're quite slick but easier to load and lather. Mickey Lee seems like one of those.

Been shaving with The Drunken Goat for the better part of a week, and it's been a great experience. The chocolaty, sweet malted milk fragrance is enticing, to say the least. Admittedly, I've wondered what it might taste like... but have stopped short of a lick, thus far.

The resulting dense, buttercream frosting-like lather churned from this tub yields top notch protection. As others have mentioned, the post shave feel is fantastic. A truly unique offering from a talented artisan.

I would urge you all to buy one of the pre shave butters when you grab your new soaps on the 30th May. I personally think it is quite amazing stuff. If you like lime scents you will love their lime.

Top Bottom