What's new

Mickey Lee Soapworks?

I have used the Kraken twice and think it's a top-shelf Barbershop soap. I also have StropShoppe's and Maggard's barbershop scents. I think they're all great, but the Mickey Lee's scent seems a bit more complex. As far as performance is concerned, SS is my favorite, but only by a small margin over the other two.

Finally got around to ordering this morning. Picked up the Cocoa Maya soap and aftershave. Looking forward to trying them out.

At the beginning of February I picked up The Drunken Goat and Bee Witched. I love them both. The Drunken Goat has been discussed plenty. I believe that Bee Witched smells like hazelnut in my opinion. I just wanted to put one person's opinion on the scent profile in case people are wondering.

At the beginning of February I picked up The Drunken Goat and Bee Witched. I love them both. The Drunken Goat has been discussed plenty. I believe that Bee Witched smells like hazelnut in my opinion. I just wanted to put one person's opinion on the scent profile in case people are wondering.

+1

A while back, with a large purchase of Mickey Lee's, they sent me a small sample container, which I now know is Bee Witched. When opening the container and lathering the soap, it reminded me of my childhood: my mother would always take her coffee with hazelnut creamer.

I have to agree that it smells a lot like a cup of coffee with a lot of hazelnut creamer in it (not in a bad way). Sweet, nutty, with a few notes of vanilla.

I bought the Bee Witched and the Drunken Goat. The scents didn't really do much for me. I think I will like the Drunken Goat after using it some more but the scent of the Bee Witched is too sweet for me. It had great lather but I have moved away from scents that have vanilla and I would agree you can smell hazelnut in the soap.

Release The Kraken! Shaved with it for the first time this evening. Lathered up even easier than the LFV. Amazing scent - love the nautical twist. My whole bathroom smells like The Kraken. :) Great post-shave feel, too.

Had a jar of Drunken Goat arrive yesterday, and I gave it a try this morning. The soap loads easily and builds a nice-enough lather, but the scent just didn't do it for me. The closest description I could come up with for the scent was a snack food that had been left out in the sun a little too long. And it lingered rather unfortunately after the shave, though the post-shave skin feel was otherwise nice.

I'm hoping they come out with a bay rum lol. So far the performance of these soaps are great but the scents are underwhelming.

After a six month sabbatical I was finally able to make a purchase. I've been eyeballing The La Fee Verte hoping it wouldn't sell out before I got a chance to grab some. I ordered some last night from thehandlebarsupply.com along with some other goodies that I've been wanting. I can't wait to give it a go whenever it gets here!

OK, I'm probably in the minority, but I like the scent of LFV. I don't have anything like it in my collection, so it will definitely have a home with me. I also did a test lather tonight, and it lathered easily enough. I need to practice some more though. It felt too airy (?) to me. I might need more product or more water. I think it's going to fit right in with my Mudder Focker, Tabac, and Nocturne though.

OK, I'm probably in the minority, but I like the scent of LFV. I don't have anything like it in my collection, so it will definitely have a home with me. I also did a test lather tonight, and it lathered easily enough. I need to practice some more though. It felt too airy (?) to me. I might need more product or more water. I think it's going to fit right in with my Mudder Focker, Tabac, and Nocturne though.

You're not alone - I like it too. I get where you're coming from though; it's kind of a complex scent that's probably not for everyone. I describe it as "spicy". They have discontinued production of it (for now). :001_unsur

Think I will have to break out LFV for this morning's shave...

I am almost finished with my Cocoa Maya. What a great soap I might have to get it again in the near future with the new container and label.

I have at least 4 to 5 shaves left and that will total 45 shaves with it.

I have at least 4 to 5 shaves left and that will total 45 shaves with it.

Are you loading really heavy with a boar or something? I'm just trying to figure out usage a bit better. I'm about 15 shaves into the same soap with a smallish badger and looking at the clear tub from the outside I really can't discern a difference from when it was new.

I've used multiple brushes throughout this 3017 but in the last 2 weeks I've been using 2 boar's both Semogue (1305 & Soc) they are both soap killers,

If I was using those 2 brushes the whole time I would be finished by now. I do load pretty heavily about 40sec with pressure.

Used MLS La Belle du Sud for the first time this morning. I already had the aftershave and love the scent so I knew that would be good, but performance and post shave feeling were excellent. Tub it comes in is huge so very easy to load up brush.

Top Bottom