What's new

Merkur 34C HD barrel came appart

Hi gents
Today the barrel came appart on my 4 month old 34C I assume this is factory pressed is this a common issue? Is there any way I could contact merkur/dovo customer support or is this fixable?
Thx
20200819_165944.jpg

Reactions: Kix
I have taken mine apart and put it back together. There's a tension ring (it looks like it's still on there). If it's not broken, then you just need to squeeze it together in order to get it back in.
The little ring sits loose I could take it off or try to tighten it as you mentioned but just in case I sended dovo solingen a mail let's see what they say

The little ring sits loose I could take it off or try to tighten it as you mentioned but just in case I sended dovo solingen a mail let's see what they say
The C ring sits loose in the knob recess and just retains the knob in the handle. It just needs slipping down to the recess and a little squeeze to reduce it's diameter as you insert the knob back into the handle. Use some machine oil to help it slide back in. It is not something DOVO needs to fix.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have been lucky that it has not happened to me yet. I probably don’t use mine enough. Let us know if Merkur get back to you and what they suggest.

Actually, that is a great mod for this model to remove the spring so that it comes apart easy for cleaning. I mean, you want to minimize the gunk that collects so that 50 years from now the person that buys your "rare" vintage German made 34c on Etsy gets a nice clean specimen :)

Top Bottom