What's new

Mem Shaving Cream - Israel's finest?

No preaching necessary, but when co-workers ask, I ask them what is their normal shave protocol and offer advice. An Afro-American ( a label I despise, I prefer friend regardless of ethnicity) suffered from bumps & irritation, I gave him an injector and instruction on mapping his growth. Now he is bump-free, uses a latherless cream and is in his his nirvana of shaving bliss, he occasionally uses a Brush but prefers a latherless cream.

Another co-worker is an avid Injector Shaver and a third and fourth are SE shavers, each man is addressed individually and I assist only when asked for advice, otherwise they are free to pursue what is satisfying. They all have been converted to lather-less or Brush & Cream/ Soap users.

Last edited:
Had my first go with MEM Olive today...I have a poor badger brush that sheds like crazy but it does the job for now. I placed a pea size drop of cream in a bowl and built my lather...it has a great scent IMHO, similar to Arko Commando. I did my usual two pass shave WTG,XTG and my face ended up super soft and smooth. I used some aftershave lotion out of habit but didn't need to. Was amazed how soft it was...I'm guessing the olive oil did the work.
Not to be over dramatic...but this was the best shave I've gotten...unreal how soft my skin felt afterwards...I love when an inexpensive product delivers in spades...will be buying more of this cream for sure.

I just tried the Mem Original over the weekend. I like Mem Olive more though. It is so easy to lather up, is real slick, and leaves my face feeling amazing afterwards. Plus, the Hebrew writing makes it extremely cool IMO.

$israeli personna.JPG

I used again the Mem Olive cream today and I had an fantastic shave with it. Excellent one :) Just remember not to use too much water on it.

I still have ~2ozs of MEM Olive left in my tub and use it on occasion, a really good lather. For some strange reason I enjoy that medicinal soapy aroma, really enjoyable during the Winter.

Great...chinmusic's Indian cream reviews got me hooked into buying a boatload of Old Spice, with another boatload of Godrej in transit. Now I'm seriously looking at Israeli creams? Oy vey!
Tell me again how I'm saving money? :blush:

Hey guys, a canadian necromancer living in Israel here. :p

Thought I'd give my take on the mem creams.

I recently purchased both of them. Both the olive and the regular came out to about 20 NIS, $6 canadian. Amazing.

As seems to be the consensus here, the olive one performed far better than the standard, with one caveat. It lightly died my silvertip brush green! I'm still relatively new to DE shaving, so I'll give you my input relating to each blade I tested.

Viking sword:
These blades are surprisingly smooth, combined with this wonderfully rich cream, it was a truly dreamy shave.

Astra super platinum:
So far these are my favorite blades and that rank doesn't decline with the mem olive. Really wonderful.

Voshkod:
I'm still not sure how I feel about these blades, but the cream certainly showed me the best of them.

Overall, the olive is a wonderful cream, with the standard being just that. Standard. I'd definitely suggest picking up a tube just to try it!

I read in another forum that the manufacturer was struggling in financial difficulties, that was in news from 3 years ago.

In a quick google search you can find MEM nowhere.

I have one tube of Olive. Very shaving cream indeed. But not better than Nivea that you can find anywhere in several countries. So no reason to bother after it.

I read in another forum that the manufacturer was struggling in financial difficulties, that was in news from 3 years ago.

In a quick google search you can find MEM nowhere.

I have one tube of Olive. Very shaving cream indeed. But not better than Nivea that you can find anywhere in several countries. So no reason to bother after it.
I am currently focused on barbershop scents from around the world, and I noticed in video of a shave in a Jerusalem barbershop, they were using MEM.

MEM olive shaving cream is used by barbers in Israel. Nivea also contains olive oil, it is also sold in Israel.
True. The last time I went to a barbershop in Israel for a haircut and a shave the barber used Mem to lather me. It was the one with olive oil and I enjoyed the shave a lot.

Rick

I have one full tube of olive in the box and a half tube of the Original stored away in the cabinet. I've always liked it but haven't used it in years.

Top Bottom