What's new

Meatloaf

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I've never made my meatloaf in a pan. I just shape it into a loaf (or a loaf-like shape) and pop it into the oven. This lets some of the fat melt away from the meat. You've got to be a little careful not to dry it out but I've never had a problem. Anyone else do this?

That's how I make mine.

I like to use a couple pounds lean beef with about 6 to 8oz. of pork sausage mix in. I add finely diced bell pepper, onion, and baby bella mushrooms to keep it moist.

I once made an Italian-style meatloaf with (I believe) sausage, ground beef, ricotta and various spices topped with crushed tomatoes. I think my ex-wife has the recipe; if I can dig it up on the InterWebs I'll post it.

You're going to dig up your ex-wife and post her on the Internet?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I've never made my meatloaf in a pan. I just shape it into a loaf (or a loaf-like shape) and pop it into the oven. This lets some of the fat melt away from the meat. You've got to be a little careful not to dry it out but I've never had a problem. Anyone else do this?

Standard operating procedure for me.

Man that sounds good. My wife makes our meatloaf formed in a pan and then places it on a baking sheet to let the fat drain off

here is my recent Meatloaf Foray (It is a bit Unique)
1lb ground beef
torn up sour dough bread
1lb ground Bobcat backstrap ( yes I said bobcat... meow:w00t:)
Lipton Onion Soup mix
Ketchup
Tad of Siriacha
2 eggs
1lb bacon
Salt, pepper, garlic
crushed Potato chips ( Garlic Bread version
350 degree oven. Mix all ingredients, loaf pan lined bottom with bacon. Take loaf, form it weave bacon on top and sides cover with ketchup, at least an inch thick top with Chips, Bake, serve with mashed taters... Enjoy

next day sammiches, with real mayo of course

The Marriott Eaton Centre in Toronto makes meatloaf wrapped in prosciutto. Mashed potatoes and gravy. Pretty darned good.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
This is an inspiring thread. Since I've always used a loaf pan to make meatloaf I decided to try a "free standing" one. It turned out very well even if I do say so myself.

And yes, under that glaze there is BACON!

Attachments

• $003.JPG
    $003.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 70
Ground pork meatloaf last night. 2 lbs lean ground pork, a couple eggs, three packages of Stuff 'n' Such country Stuffing with dried vegetables, mix it all up and split it into four separate parts in one of the wife's baking pans (I think it's meant for cakes as it has a molded "bottom". Glaze the top of each one with a different BBQ sauce (one gets Sriracha sauce), and let 'er go. Yum yum, and we have dinner for tonight, too.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
i love meatloaf when i was a kid he rocked........ and i would do any thing for love.......... but i wont do that....... lol

Who could forget the classic NY Times review where they referred to him as Mr. Loaf?

Sitting on the runway in Birmingham. Trying to get back to Seattle. I already have my shopping list for tomorrow's Ouchloaf.

Ouchloaf, before cooking. Not sure how visible the "Ouch" will be after cooking.

2 lbs ground bison, crumbled saltines, chopped onion, minced garlic, soy sauce, 2 beaten eggs, chopped apple wood smoked bacon, Melissa's Habanero catsup, salt, tellicherry malibar ground pepper, powdered ghost chiles. I will follow with an after photo.

I must run errands, so the Ouchloaf won't enter the oven for about an hour.

Top Bottom