What's new

Luecke finally hits 3000 posts PIF

How many years have you been wet shaving?

• 0-1 years

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • 1-5 Years

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • 5-10 years

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • 10-20 years

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 20-30 years

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • 30-40 years +

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • 100-125 years +

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My friends,
It's been a great 5 years! I've met a ton of really amazing people on the forums and I've even made a few friends. I've developed my shaving technique a ton from when I was using a cheap BIC and the cheapest canned goo I could find.... I went from owning over a hundred safety razors to about 8 and now I own over a hundred straights. I started honing soon after I learned to shave with a straight and now I can hone almost anything to a nice shave ready edge. I have a fairly large collection of aftershaves and soaps, but it seems like I always go back to 5-6 of them. I guess this hobby really has taken on a life of its own. Though, I'm more interested in getting other people started now than building my collection. So, I'd like to PIF everything you need to shave with a straight razor. I'm going to give away a new Straight Razor Designs 2" Black Latigo strop, a Straight razor which is TBD(it won't be a rat razor), some soaps and aftershave, and I think some other goodies TBD.
I want you to all know I think B&B is one of the best places on the internet and if it were a cigar and shaving shop in my home town, I'd never want to go home. There are so many diverse views and ways of doing things, but we never are less than gentlemen and that is awesome!
Ok, so how to enter the PIF..... Well as you may have noticed over the last 5 years, my avatar has always been Inigo Montoya from the Princess Bride. I chose him as my avatar because he was always ready to introduce himself dramatically and because he has some cool scars, "Hello, I'm Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die!" LOL... SO, I ask that in order to join my PIF, you must say you are IN by saying "Hello, I'm Your first name, and then say your dramatic introduction/purpose!" for example, "Hello, I'm Matt Luecke! I enjoy the hunt and the thrill of finding what I've been searching for! Alternatively you can Introduce yourself and tell me your favorite scene of The Princess Bride movie (if you've never seen The Princess Bride, go watch it, it's worth a good chuckle).
come with me.jpg

This PIF is CONUS unless the winner wants help pay a little extra shipping to their country(it will likely be a big box). I'm going to draw for the winner on January 9th and I will use a random number generator to pick the winner. Good luck my friends!

Hello, I'm Ted Wolf--I enjoy being someone else in front of an audience! (amateur theatrics). Favorite PB moment is Billy Crystal's wizard.

Never shaved with a straight before, started with a DE in the 70's so I've been shaving longer than 40 years now.

Hello, I'm Chris Jacobs. I came here to learn about wet shaving and have decided to stay!

Seriously, I’ve been wet shaving for a little over a year now and have learned much from everyone on here. I started with a cheap drugstore vanderhagen and have ended up with a small collection of around 20 de and se razors as well as soaps, creams, blades, and various vintage pieces....it truly is a great hobby/obsession. I’ve been eyeballing the straights for a while now but haven’t made the jump to purchase one yet, consider this being my “I’m in”. Thank you for such a generous PIF!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Hey Matt, I’m not in but I just want to congratulate on your milestone and to say that I always enjoy and appreciate your posts and your Avatar (reminds me of a college housemate). Great PIF.

Steve

Hey Matt, I’m not in but I just want to congratulate on your milestone and to say that I always enjoy and appreciate your posts and your Avatar (reminds me of a college housemate). Great PIF.

Steve
Thank you Steve, the feeling is mutual! Merry Christmas to you!

Congrats on 5 years! Cool PIF. Not In though as I just started DE shaving 4-5 months ago and am still trying to master it. Plus Straights look a little intimidating!

Hello. I’m in.
I’m Tim.......
Gentleman adventurer and true Renaissance man. I am entering this PIF on behalf of a friend to whom I plan on gifting this great package (if I win) in order to further his interest in the wet shaving discipline.
I have no idea what or who “The Princess Bride” is although I have heard the name on occasion.

Hello Matt, not in.
I'm glad you have enjoyed your journey. Anyone who sticks with it will be rewarded to the same extent I believe.
Its only the ones who come out the other side that can truly appreciate it to such an extent and enjoy what it gives back to you both mentally and physically.
Many of us at this point do go out of their way to help and support those just starting out because we have seen what it brings and want to make more aware. Its very rewarding when someone you help has made it.
Good PIF.!

Hello, my name is Chris, and I am a learner and researcher of new ideas. PB is a favorite at my house. Not in, but this is a fantastic PIF.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

I'm not in, but congrats to you, Matt! What a generous PIF! Someone will be very lucky. I've always enjoyed your contributions, and I love your avatar. We must have seen PB 100 times at our house.

Congrats on the post count. I’m in.

My name is Eric, and I am always tired.

Explanation: I have two young children ages 3.5 and 11 months. It’s wonderful, and I love my kids to death, but I also don’t remember what it feels like to not be tired.

Hello, I’m Tim. I came here to learn to shave with a DE and stayed for the acquisition disorders. I enjoy the hunt!

Favorite quote “You keep using that word. I don’t think it means what you think it means!”

I’m in please! Congrats on the 5 years!

Respectfuly not in.

Recently been gifted a very nice straight and would ithers t start down the path. Outstanding PIF.

Hello, I’m Tim. I came here to learn to shave with a DE and stayed for the acquisition disorders. I enjoy the hunt!

Favorite quote “You keep using that word. I don’t think it means what you think it means!”

I’m in please! Congrats on the 5 years!
Indeed!
dfdfffffff.gif

Hello I'm Arne and I can grow a full beard in no more than 14 days... I loathe beards. That's why I really would like to shave with, what did you call it now again?...straight razor!

No just kidding Matt, not in, but the 14 days for a full beard is sadly enough true.

Congratulations Matt on hitting a milestone. Respectfully not in as I'm still enjoying your Waterville Unlimited 1/4 hollow on a regular basis.

Hello. My name is Alan Levis. Traditional shaving is the bomb! Prepare to try.

Congrats on the post count. I’m in.

My name is Eric, and I am always tired.

Explanation: I have two young children ages 3.5 and 11 months. It’s wonderful, and I love my kids to death, but I also don’t remember what it feels like to not be tired.
It does get easier, Eric. We'll, in some ways. Eventually sleep will come again.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Top Bottom