What's new

Looking for fellow Canadians

Great thanks, will chime in.

I see you are in Mississauga. Have you checked out the two Starksky's locations (Dundas between Cawthra and Dixie - south side / and Dundas near Winston Churchill - north side)? They have some good east European products (Poland).

The Denniger's in Burlington and Hamilton are god sources for German products also.

I see you are in Mississauga. Have you checked out the two Starksky's locations (Dundas between Cawthra and Dixie - south side / and Dundas near Winston Churchill - north side)? They have some good east European products (Poland).

The Denniger's in Burlington and Hamilton are god sources for German products also.

I could walk to Starsky's in 15 min. Denniger's is a bit of a jog.

Heya folks.

Newly Registered, poking about.

I grew up in Scarborough. My folks and in-laws are still there and I get back every now and again.

Living in Halifax for the last year and a half, and Kingston, ON for the 5 years before these.

But I usually end up back in town every now and again.

What can you get at Denniger's? I haven't been to a Denniger's in years.

Thanks,
imcndn

Thanks,
imcndn

I was in the small one on King near Wellington the other day and they had a number of Tabac products but not the shave soap. Didn't peruse beyond Tabac to see if there were other appropriate items.

Maybe the big one on Upper James has a more complete selection.

dave

I was in the small one on King near Wellington the other day and they had a number of Tabac products but not the shave soap. Didn't peruse beyond Tabac to see if there were other appropriate items.

Maybe the big one on Upper James has a more complete selection.

dave

I just ran into the one in Burlington (close to work). They had Tabac (no soap/cream) and 4711. I'll swing by the one on Upper James some night this week on my way home.

imcndn

Thanks,
imcndn

I go to the one on Guelph Line mostly. In terms of shaving items they carry different Tabac products and 4711 and Spieck I think. Food-wise they have many good European items; mustards, coffee, tea, cheese, herring, different breads, crackers, drink mixes etc. The deli is a nice place for a snack.

I just ran into the one in Burlington (close to work). They had Tabac (no soap/cream) and 4711. I'll swing by the one on Upper James some night this week on my way home.

imcndn

The Upper James location was very much the same as the Guelph Line location. Both carried Tabac and 4711. I didn't see any Tabac shaving soap or cream at either location.

I don't know much about 4711, but I wasn't able to find anything indicating "aftershave splash" at either location. I was able to find 4711 'eau de cologne' in various sizes and in an atomizer.

Nothing for me, but hopefully if there are Tabac/4711 fans around they can find something at Denniger's.

imcndn

I go to the one on Guelph Line mostly. In terms of shaving items they carry different Tabac products and 4711 and Spieck I think. Food-wise they have many good European items; mustards, coffee, tea, cheese, herring, different breads, crackers, drink mixes etc. The deli is a nice place for a snack.

It's been a while since I was in Denniger's. They did have a pretty good selection, however I think I prefer Starsky's. The deli is nice though... I will give the deli in the one on Guelph line a try one of these days.

imcndn

It's been a while since I was in Denniger's. They did have a pretty good selection, however I think I prefer Starsky's. The deli is nice though... I will give the deli in the one on Guelph line a try one of these days.

imcndn

I just visited Starsky's today. They had more shaving products than Denningers.
I saw a couple of different versions of Brutal (both Classic and grand), Hattric, Wars products, and a "red" and "green" Miraculem, plus more which I have forgotten. Need a camera next time.

Top Bottom