What's new

Look around! Only Big Brother is watchging you.

I'm white headed, in my 60s, a little portly, and have to assist my wife as she has MS and struggles to walk. I am invisible. Seriously. Nobody pays either of us any attention at all. I have often pulled my over shirt off (too warm) and exposed my carry pistol and still had nobody notice (or at least nobody said anything). It's wonderful!

I have a couple of cell phone holsters, one vertical one horizontal. I have had the vertical one mistake for a firearm although it is not shaped like a firearm holster nor is it quite large enough. I had a minor traffic stop a few weeks back and the officer could not tell I was pocket carrying, although I immediately told him I had a concealed license( which he knew due to the system in Texas) and that I was carrying and where it was located. I told him of some of the things I have seen working retail pharmacy and he said I should be carrying.

I have only seen one "civilian" open carrying and he look rather ridiculous, an older man rather sloppily dressed in shorts and worn out boots, with a big Glock on his hip.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I have a couple of cell phone holsters, one vertical one horizontal. I have had the vertical one mistake for a firearm although it is not shaped like a firearm holster nor is it quite large enough. I had a minor traffic stop a few weeks back and the officer could not tell I was pocket carrying, although I immediately told him I had a concealed license( which he knew due to the system in Texas) and that I was carrying and where it was located. I told him of some of the things I have seen working retail pharmacy and he said I should be carrying.

I have only seen one "civilian" open carrying and he look rather ridiculous, an older man rather sloppily dressed in shorts and worn out boots, with a big Glock on his hip.
Well, if it was a Glock then it wasn't me. And usually for shoes I will be wearing Docksiders or Huaraches.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

Those Glock guys are a crazy bunch, they'll go swimming with their Glocks strapped on, while wearing nothing more than a Speedo.

;)

Down here in the south it gets hot and humid. We are an open carry state but no one does. Too easy to get a concealed permit and afaic you don't show your hand unless you want to lose the game.

I don't flash it but as OP says, no one really notices unless you have on a tank top and carry a Deagle. However LE and Security can spot minor printing a mile away and so can most of us who carry.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Down here in the south it gets hot and humid. We are an open carry state but no one does. Too easy to get a concealed permit and afaic you don't show your hand unless you want to lose the game.

I don't flash it but as OP says, no one really notices unless you have on a tank top and carry a Deagle. However LE and Security can spot minor printing a mile away and so can most of us who carry.
We're an Open Carry State as well and I do have a concealed carry permit but quite often Open Carry.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
If I open carry in plain clothes I get to wear a badge in front of my gun. Been doing that for so long so think I would feel self conscious without it.

Pretty tough cheeks to carry a decent gun all day.
I've seen people who could carry an AR in there and no one would notice. LE don't get paid enough.

Cop: Honey! I'm home! I had an interesting day. I fished a gun out of this guys' buttcrack.

Wife: Go take a shower now or you sleep on the couch.

Top Bottom