What's new

Long-time emerges from the shadows

Hello folks. I’m Claude in North Carolina and I’ve been reading Badger and Blade sporadically for more than a decade. You all have my gratitude for all the wisdom, warmth, and wit I’ve enjoyed in these forums.

I’m just another guy who was frustrated by the choice between an using an electric razor or multi-blade disposable plastic junk with canned foams and gels. I wanted something simpler and cheaper for sure but I also wanted a reliably good shave, which I wasn’t getting. Once I found my way to a Lord razor and a basic Omega brush packaged with cream, I knew I was on the right path.

I got more than a decade of service out of those two items. Early on, I bought a couple of vintage Gillette razors, which didn’t impress me. They languish in a drawer while the Lord is my daily driver. I think that experience inoculated me from most of the acquisition syndromes—at least until this summer.

Why, you might ask, am I’m checking-in now, after reading the board for so long? It’s because I need the board in two ways I did not before. One is that I would like to find a home for some of the extra shaving gear I’ve acquired. The other, more pressing, reason is that I want to join GRUME for a few months.

I’m hope you’ll accept me into the fold and allow me to participate some.

Thanks!

Welcome, I had a similar journey with electric razors and multi-blade razors. I will say the marketing departments for the respective companies are good at what they do. I was hooked more than once on electric razors and their "superior" shave. Only to have a 5 o'clock shadow at noon on many occasions. Not to mention the pulled hairs when trying to trim up the beard. Welcome and come over to the GRUME, I am doing it for the first time this month. So far I made it 1 day. Haha.

So... what all did you acquire this summer? 😀

About 600 blades, 30 soaps/creams, 7 aftershaves or balms, 4 brushes, 2 razors, 1 shaving bowl, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Aside from the fact that both razors are too aggressive and one of the creams was a real stinkaroo, I am satisfied with my acquisitions and have no regrets. I wouldn't necessarily buy all of them again but they are all good enough to use and enjoy. Forgive me for not being more specific.

Welcome to the enablers paradise but you already knew that. Another North Carolinian here, Raleigh to be exact. Looking forward to follow along on your journey towards shaving bliss.

Top Bottom