What's new

Levenger Inks: Thoughts?

So, I just bought a Levenger. Unfortunately, it doesn't come with the converter. No biggie at all, I just wandered over to the Levenger site because I'm sure I could pick out a few more things that are absolutely, 100% crucial and necessary for my survival as a human being I want, anyway.

I then came across Levenger inks. Holy crap, I didn't even know they made ink! Unfortunately, though, there doesn't seem to much info about them out there. Does anyone have any thoughts and opinions on them; favorite colors, behavior, saturation, etc?

Not really a lover.....don't know who makes them for them..... but the bottles are great and have a inkwell

strop

Now half as wise
That's all I used for the last 10 years, and I've been quite satisfied. Never heard of Noodler's, Private Reserve etc. I got a assorted pack many years ago. I replaced the black and blues when they ran out. The colors have very good saturation in my opinion but not a lot of shading, The Raven Black is a pure black and I really like Skies of Blue. This weeks schedule is a disaster but I'll try to get some samples up this week. I have no idea who makes itfor them, but the bottles have a nice well in the middle making filling very easy.

Mark

What Strop say's about the inkwell is very true. Maybe my biggest problem is the ink's durability..... can't speak to any of the colors but Raven Black, and Crimson Red. I found Noodlers HOD much blacker and Noodlers Nikita a brighter red.

As with Shaving......YMMV

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Cobalt blue is a favorite of mine, it's a saturated well-behaved ink that tends to dry slowly on the high quality paper I use and can feather (as many other inks do) on cheap paper. Lovely shade of cobalt and really lives up to its name.

I'm sure Levenger outsources the production of their inks although I'm unsure of the maker. I remember you could buy a six-pack assortment for $40 or so not too long ago.

strop

Now half as wise
I've never used HOD or Nikita(yet) :biggrin1:so I can't compare. Although I don't have anything bad to say, when I replace them it will be with something from the Goulet's, because I like supporting Vendors!

Mark

Maybe my biggest problem is the ink's durability..... can't speak to any of the colors but Raven Black, and Crimson Red.

Would you mind explaining what you mean by ink durability? Do you mean that it fades over time?

Levenger Cobalt Blue has been one of my favorites for some time. Since the NIB forum got started I am trying more inks and think the Noodler's Ottoman Azure is becoming a favorite.

strop

Now half as wise
Cobalt Blue is very nice. Nemo, that assortment is now $72! Mine was about $40 when I got it, too. Prices must be going up fast (it can't have been that long ago!)

Mark

Ok, fine! I bought a bottle of the Cobalt Blue, anyway, just to give it a try :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Is that the ONLY thing you bought? I can't go to the Levenger site anymore because I get anxiety over all the stuff I want to buy. Technically, I shouldn't even be in the NIB, because you all make me want to buy more stuff!

I have not used any, but will probably try some in cartridges when my Montblanc Legrand Traveler returns from having the nib repaired. Their prices seem much better than the ones MontBlanc offers, good color selection and a 15% off sale going on this month.

Top Bottom