What's new

Lets see your Wackers

I don't have one of these Awesome looking razors, but I have to say that the temptation to list the quotes from this thread
("show us your wacker" - "great looking wacker", etc.) is overwhelming. LOL

You gentlemen have been so nice to show me your Wackers I thought I would show you mine. :001_rolle I always wanted a nice Dorko blade and wanted a Wacker as well so this is an attempt to control my SRAD and kill two birds with one stone.

$P1060002.jpg$P1060003.jpg$P1060005.jpg$P1060008.jpg$P1060009.jpg

I'm very impressed with the precise craftsmanship of all of these. I imagine the shaves are divine.

I just received mine in the mail today so the shave test hasn't happened yet. It will soon. I will take it to the strop and shave so I can speak to the shave readiness of the blade.

I have to agree with Gamma and Heespharm. The edge, while shave ready, was not superbly so. Only one spot out towards the toe would pass the HTT at all and post stropping only marginally improved. I think I will introduce it to my Dresante tomorrow and see how it goes then. The fit finish and build quality are definitely outstanding.

Mycarver that is a beautiful razor. Like the scales even better than mine.

Thank you!
But I too ran into a "shave ready" question. Simply put it wasn't. I hesitated to say so out of fear of sounding arrogant thinking my edges are better.
I'm glad I had my own custom as back up. But I believe I remedied the situation tonight . Now it'll not so much "pop" hairs just using the
HHT but more like they just fall off silently 2 inches away from my fingers.
Of course an actual shave will tell me the truth. But this blade makes the nicest ring as I'm stropping it. Reminds me
of the recess bell when in grade school.
Overall the razor had a wonderful feel and balance . I just know it will be a great shave.
And really, doesn't something so personal have to be tuned to our preferences? What one considers a good edge just might not suit us. I wouldn't hesitate to grab another , which I've been considering , and totally ignore a less than stellar hone from who knows. Then too some might argue for the $ you should expect a great edge , but that's easy enough to cure. Considering the rest of the
package I thought it was a steal. I didn't buy a hone job, I bought what I think is a beautiful razor. Like all my others the rest is up to me. And I like it that way.

Last edited:
I'm glad your all reporting back the same thing... I just put an edge on it with a cnat that the hair just melts when it touches the edge...

No affiliation but i ordered mind from shavemac New Year's Eve and it came in on the second.. That's fast from Germany!

No affiliation but i ordered mind from shavemac New Year's Eve and it came in on the second.. That's fast from Germany!

Haha luckily for my wallet I just checked and they don't seem to have much in stock at the moment. I will wait but its on my list. I have yet to buy a brand new straight razor but these are very very nice, I'm thinking once I've sold a few straights from my collection I should be able to get one...

Well now I don't feel so left out. In consideration of what I have this is my first new razor. I've looked at quite a few and nearly pulled the trigger but none of the others quite did it for me like this one does . That's why I'm considering another.

And Pmaster, who is trying to convince you to get one? Just because I find myself pulling it out of the box just to keep admiring it regularly, peering deeply into the lustrous Gold, feeling the solid heft of the piece, watching the light shimmer and play along the spine, testing the edge and watching how hairs jus fall over dead seeing it approach, hearing it sing on the strop doesn't seem like much of an inspiration to get one unless you like that sort of thing.
I'm just saying,,,,

Thank you!
But I too ran into a "shave ready" question. Simply put it wasn't. I hesitated to say so out of fear of sounding arrogant thinking my edges are better.
I'm glad I had my own custom as back up. But I believe I remedied the situation tonight . Now it'll not so much "pop" hairs just using the
HHT but more like they just fall off silently 2 inches away from my fingers.
Of course an actual shave will tell me the truth. But this blade makes the nicest ring as I'm stropping it. Reminds me
of the recess bell when in grade school.
Overall the razor had a wonderful feel and balance . I just know it will be a great shave.
And really, doesn't something so personal have to be tuned to our preferences? What one considers a good edge just might not suit us. I wouldn't hesitate to grab another , which I've been considering , and totally ignore a less than stellar hone from who knows. Then too some might argue for the $ you should expect a great edge , but that's easy enough to cure. Considering the rest of the
package I thought it was a steal. I didn't buy a hone job, I bought what I think is a beautiful razor. Like all my others the rest is up to me. And I like it that way.

Very well said. It is actually a good thing that I prefer my own edges. I enjoy trying other peoples edges, but how disappointing would it be to find someone else's to be far superior to mine? I think shave ready has its place, but only for beginners that need to be able to get off to a good start. I get to go hone here in a few! I think I am sick; I enjoy rubbing good steel on a rock.

Top Bottom