What's new

Lees Razor vs Vintage Blades vs Classic Shaving

Out of your list, I've only ordered from Lee and Classic shaving. Both provide excellent service.

Classic shaving has a default "signature required" policy on their shipped orders, so if you want them to deliver the package without the hassle of having to go and sign for the package, e-mail them shortly after you place your order and have them waive the "signature required" bit. They'll comply with no problems.

Don

I just purchased a Merkur Progress from Jim @ Vintage Blades

I mentioned B&B and samples of Castle Forbes. Here is his reply.....

"Thank you very much for your order. I’ve been blessed to have a great relationship with my fellow members on B&B. I’d would be more than happy to include some samples of Castle Forbes creams with your order and a couple others as well.

Take care.

Jim"

I ordered it Sunday night 7/20/08 by 4:14PM today (7/21) I received my UPS Shipping Notice.

I hope that razor is as good as his service.:biggrin:

BTW. His price was the best by far.

Now you're in trouble. Get ready to buy some CF products!

My experience with Lee was great. He took the time to answer my lame questions with patience. I ended up buying a Duke 3 from him based on his advice and I couldn't be happier. I'd definitely use and recommend him.

...Ray

Never heard of "Vintage Blades", but I have bought numerous items from the other two companies that you mention and they are both great.

I just purchased a Merkur Progress from Jim @ Vintage Blades

I mentioned B&B and samples of Castle Forbes. Here is his reply.....

"Thank you very much for your order. I’ve been blessed to have a great relationship with my fellow members on B&B. I’d would be more than happy to include some samples of Castle Forbes creams with your order and a couple others as well.

Take care.

Jim"

I ordered it Sunday night 7/20/08 by 4:14PM today (7/21) I received my UPS Shipping Notice.

I hope that razor is as good as his service.:biggrin:

BTW. His price was the best by far.

UPS Misrouted my order!!! :cursing::a31::a32::cursing::18:

Classic is great. I was utterly shocked when my package got from CA to my home in Maine in two days. Given the discussions about the vendors you are asking about, they are all well vetted and spoken for here.

I've ordered only from Lee's but I was so pleased. The package was delivered to my apartment building the very next day. Everything, including the glass bottles of after shave balms, was nicely protected. From what I understand, Lee's will be getting an upgraded website soon.

I believe they are all fine. However, Jim at Vintage Blades is exemplary in his service to and respect for his clients!

I couldn't have said it better. I've ordered from Both Classic Shaving and Jim and Vintage Blades. Both provided fantastic service. Jim even sent a hand written note along with my order. It was a wonderful, classy touch; especially since it was so unexpected.

I ordered a Merkur HD (34C) from Lee's Razor on Sunday and it's Thursday and I have received nothing more then the order confirmation email. Do they send out emails saying your order has been shipped?

I ordered a Merkur HD (34C) from Lee's Razor on Sunday and it's Thursday and I have received nothing more then the order confirmation email. Do they send out emails saying your order has been shipped?

I ordered from Vintage and Shaving Essentials over the weekend and received both packages on Wednesday. They would have been here one day earlier but the USPS and UPS both managed to foul up at the same time.

I have the same question about Lee's. I bought some Proraso pre/post based on the recommendation of this post actually. I ordered it last Wednesday and after a full week and a day, I only have the email conformation. Just a little concern, and no way a bad reflection on Lee's Razors.

I have the same question about Lee's. I bought some Proraso pre/post based on the recommendation of this post actually. I ordered it last Wednesday and after a full week and a day, I only have the email conformation. Just a little concern, and no way a bad reflection on Lee's Razors.

That's somewhat troubling. Lee is usually very quick about getting orders shipped. I've never received a shipping email, but I usually get things within 3 days all the way from the other side of the country. Try calling him.

I've only ordered from Classic out of the three, but my order was just fine.
The one thing I would improve I would say is that they ought to send a confirmation email with posted tracking number info.

I've only ordered from Classic out of the three, but my order was just fine.
The one thing I would improve I would say is that they ought to send a confirmation email with posted tracking number info.

Both Vintage and Shaving Essentials sent out confirmation emails and tracking numbers. That's how I knew there snags in the delivery process.

I take back what I said. He may not give notice but the package arrived today, so probably shipped Monday and got here in 3 days. Nice service :)

Top Bottom