What's new

Lathering hand soap

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Amazing - he does no skin stretching at all and, given how loose his skin is due to his age, I would expect him to cut himself, but he does not. I would watch that and swear his technique was terrible but it obviously works for him. A very interesting video and certainly something to think about 👍
You mentioned another important point.
Many shaving tutorials demonstrate various yoga-like "skin-stretching" poses—especially for those who shave the left side of their face with their non-dominant hand.

And Billy Hukin only used a little bit of "making faces" techniques - occasionally smiling/raising the chin/blowing a little... to stretch the skin, truly demonstrating how pure "traditional shaving" is.

some people will think you are breaking the law.
There are definitely some laws here lol.
"Must be this type of soap"
"Must use this angle"
"Must use a brush"
"Must do a three pass shave"
"Must have a certain type of look to your lather regardless of performance"
"Must take a hot shower before a twenty minute shave"
I guess that's just people in everything.
No matter what forum you are in for whatever hobbies, the people who "know better than you" will be on their high horses spouting out the rules, which a lot of them are tried and true and the rest are subjective.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
There are definitely some laws here lol.
"Must be this type of soap"
"Must use this angle"
"Must use a brush"
"Must do a three pass shave"
"Must have a certain type of look to your lather regardless of performance"
"Must take a hot shower before a twenty minute shave"
I guess that's just people in everything.
No matter what forum you are in for whatever hobbies, the people who "know better than you" will be on their high horses spouting out the rules, which a lot of them are tried and true and the rest are subjective.

Can you post a thread as an example; where people are saying ‘you must’ shave this way or that way?

I have seen many who say ‘they shave’ this way or that way, because that’s what we do here? I have even seen many explain why ‘they shave’ this way or that way; and why it works for them? And then even suggest others should try it in the hopes of maybe ‘it working for them’?

We do this here also, because that’s what we do in a shave forum and brotherhood of like minded people who all enjoy their shaves?

I’ve been here going on 14 years, I don’t think I have ever seen a thread with these; “you must” rules in them that you speak of? In fact, most here who disagree will even end their posts with the famous gentlemanly B&B inspired phrase; “your miles may vary”? :)

There might be an occasional, as you say; ‘high horsed’ comment or post, but those seem to be the rare anomaly and not the norm, at least in this forum?

Last edited:
Top Bottom