What's new

Reusing L'Occitane soap bowl

I keep a small glass jar filled with phamacy alcohol on the bathroom shelf. After shaving, I rinse the razor, shake off the water and then dip and swirl it in the alcohol to disinfect and also to displace water and speed up drying.
I happen to have L'occitane soap bowl with lid which I would like to use for this purpose. However, the pot metal is tarnishied inside and doesn't look hygienic at all. Has anyone successfully cleaned the tarnish and stopped it from reappearing again in this bowl?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I keep a small glass jar filled with phamacy alcohol on the bathroom shelf. After shaving, I rinse the razor, shake off the water and then dip and swirl it in the alcohol to disinfect and also to displace water and speed up drying.
I happen to have L'occitane soap bowl with lid which I would like to use for this purpose. However, the pot metal is tarnishied inside and doesn't look hygienic at all. Has anyone successfully cleaned the tarnish and stopped it from reappearing again in this bowl?

Have you considered just buying a cheap, small, spray bottle from Walmart and then just spraying a fine mist of alcohol on your razor in order to clean and displace water after your shave?

It’s what I do. It saves alcohol by using just a small misting amount. You won’t have whiskers and other things floating around in a bowl of alcohol l; and the alcohol won’t evaporate out of the closed bottle like it would from that very shallow L’Occitane Cade bowl.

L’Occitane Cade is one of my favorite soaps. But to be honest that aluminum bowl sucked so bad keeping the soap in it, I trashed it and keep my Cade in a wooden shave bowl. I got tired of water collection in the bottom of that aluminum Cade bowl underneath the soap. :)

I had the impression that these bowls were made from aluminium.
That’s why they tarnished so fast. If you try to remove it, it will come back unless you have something that leaves a protective film (similar to cleaners for silverware).

Haven’t been using L’ Occitane, for quite some time; so they might have changed the bowl or my memory might deceive me.

B.

The glass jar does the job perfectly. I change the alcohol once a month and as far as I can see, nothing swims or floats in it. Besides, I believe that dipping and swirling in alcohol is more effective than spraying. Anyway, the idea was to repurpose the beautiful soap bowl but it seems it will only serve for display.

Top Bottom