What's new

Keeping track of number of shaves per blade

Has anyone devised a good, simple, convenient way to count the number of shaves per blade?

Ideally, as I load a new blade I could set a device to 1. Each time that I pull the razor out to shave I could increment the count.

When the blade is exhausted, I could record the blade brand, type, and number of shaves.

Sounds like a phone or tablet app, doesn't it?

But barring that, how does the B&B brethern keep track?

A paper journal and a magnet to keep blades not loaded in a razor. It got tricky when I was trying out many blades but nowadays I have a maximum of 2 DE blades in usage. I try to shave with every razor 3 times in a row and keep the blade loaded in that one razor.

My journal simply reads:

Date Razor Soap/Cream Blade (usage) Result

07/21 Fatip Open Comb Slant, Lea Menthol, Personna Platinum (2), DFS

Here are some previous threads, perhaps you can get a couple ideas from them.

A few more:

Screen Shot 2023-07-21 at 5.06.15 PM.png

When it starts to tugg or feel uncomfortable....I toss it and grab a new one.

The number of shaves anyone gets is irrelevant to anyone else, as there are too many variables to everyone's shaves. I see no benefit to keep track and know the exact number for each blade used for myself. I have a general number in my head for the two blade types I use.

Last edited:

The number of shaves is irrelevant to anyone as there are too many variables to everyone's shaves.
I like to catch the blade before it tugs so having evidence that an Astra Superior Stainless is spent at latest at shave 4 - for me - but a Wizamet doesn’t struggle at 8 shaves helps me a lot.

Very interesting.

Looks like for Apple, only, now I'll check for Android.

The number of shaves anyone gets is irrelevant to anyone else, as there are too many variables to everyone's shaves. I see no benefit to keep track and know the exact number for each blade used for myself. I have a general number in my head for the two blade types I use.
^^110% this^^

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef

Hold up. Are you going so far as to say you'd actually change a blade mid shave. How in the world 🌎?

I just use the note pad function on my phone. Update every shave to copy for my journal entries.
Cause apparently I am one of those crazys that posts details of there shaves to the internet! (shrug emoji here if I knew how)
But really I use blades 3 or 4 times and toss em pretty easy to keep track. Different razor = new blade.
Be well
Jay

Top Bottom