What's new

Karve not responding

Let me be blunt as I met Chris the owner of Karve at AZ-Wet-Shave event.

Said your not good at replying to email, he agreed.

He is run shop with self, one full time, and part timer.

He put all his efforts into building Razors, checking personally everything that leaves shop, seconds are not sold, they get scrapped.

If you get tired of waiting dispute your CC charge, but I hope you get tracking info soon.

Week point in Karve is poor communication.

Don’t see it getting better as Chris said in Canada like USA people are not lining up to work.

There have definitely been some flakes in the modern artisan razor market, but I have not seen or experienced anything indicating that Karve/Chris are flaking out or scammers. Fortunately or otherwise, demand has vastly exceeded their capacity. If you can be patient, I believe you'll be more than satisfied with the product.

I do understand the frustration. There have been a few sellers over the years where I waited for something on the secondary market, or until I saw evidence of their chaos dying down.

Cool, I'm okay waiting. quality takes time so cool cool
There is definitely nothing for you to worry about with Karve. The razor will come and it will be perfect quality. I suspect Chris’ email handling has got worse since the Overlander and now the Bison are so much in demand. It’s because they are so good and well priced. Not that I’m saying Chris’ communication was ever great.

He also infuriates people sometimes when he invents new handles and special colour schemes and shows them on Instagram - people want him to get on with making their razor. But you can see he loves to tinker with new things and that’s how we end up with all the cool stuff from his shop. If it keeps him excited about making razors then I’d say it’s good for us too.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Let me be blunt as I met Chris the owner of Karve at AZ-Wet-Shave event.

Said your not good at replying to email, he agreed.

He is run shop with self, one full time, and part timer.

He put all his efforts into building Razors, checking personally everything that leaves shop, seconds are not sold, they get scrapped.

If you get tired of waiting dispute your CC charge, but I hope you get tracking info soon.

Week point in Karve is poor communication.

Don’t see it getting better as Chris said in Canada like USA people are not lining up to work.
Not trying to be argumentative, but, Sean at Carbon also runs a one-man shop but takes the time to respond to his customers. He realizes that his company exists because of his customers.

He could head a lot of anger off by being honest about delivery time, if nothing else.

Not trying to be argumentative, but, Sean at Carbon also runs a one-man shop but takes the time to respond to his customers. He realizes that his company exists because of his customers.

He could head a lot of anger off by being honest about delivery time, if nothing else.
I completely agree with your posts. Karve seems to get way too much leeway from people and I don’t understand it. Maybe I’m just not as forgiving of poor customer service, but when you’re collecting peoples’ money and then expecting them to be ok with no communication or confirmations or anything, that’s a problem in my book.

Regardless of if you don’t have enough staffing or whatever might be holding up actual production/deliveries, it does not take long to send a simple email reply to a customer.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
I completely agree with your posts. Karve seems to get way too much leeway from people and I don’t understand it. Maybe I’m just not as forgiving of poor customer service, but when you’re collecting peoples’ money and then expecting them to be ok with no communication or confirmations or anything, that’s a problem in my book.

Regardless of if you don’t have enough staffing or whatever might be holding up actual production/deliveries, it does not take long to send a simple email reply to a customer.
In his case, he probably has 1000 to respond to…

Well as I said I spoke with Chris of Karve, he admitted he was not great at communication. That is pretty honest if you like or not is on you.

I personally think little stuff like talking a little time every other day to reply to e-mail about order, availability of product is important.

But Karve is not my company, I, and you folk who have problem with their communication is our problem. Business is good, they have people waiting for order, so what they do works for em.

I have to be honest, Chris was honest admitting communication is the weak part of his operation. Don't hear many complaint about Karve razors, shoddy workmanship, crappy products, or poor quality control. Most owners love, few show up on sale, trade, subform.

Last edited:

He can hire a teenage neighbor to do the email, not too hard

He can hire a teenage neighbor to do the email, not too hard

Easy to say let some pimple faced snot nose kids be the face of your correspondence. Might only make thing worst. I had a nice little business, made me 100K++/year, only work 70-90 hours a week.

someone said get a helper to do little stuff, I said and if they blow it could cost one good 40-50K/year account.

I ordered from Karve on March 8
Emailed them on April 16 for an update, never heard back
Got my shipping notice on April 17 the next day

In my case a couple extra weeks beyond the 4 that were estimated ain’t no biggie, especially when I had 3 razors (being at the mercy of the product with the longer production time).

Eh, I get it some people get nervous and don’t like when things take weeks or a month beyond initial ETAs. But if that’s a deal breaker for you maybe just don’t buy “made to order” stuff. Variables and unknowns exist in this world, especially if they get crushed with orders say the week or two after you place an order.

Their logic in not responding likely means shorter wait times overall and lower prices, so I don’t fault them.

I’m happy with my karve order

Well people who have never had, or operated small business don’t get what I call pride of being owner.

Long hours, last one to be paid, has all the bd, and good to deal with.

Many people try & fail at business, fewlaw the magic 5 years, most are under in two years.

Chris at Karve is in same boat as other small businesses, at mercy of cost of raw materials, bet that is reason for price increases.

Well people who have never had, or operated small business don’t get what I call pride of being owner.

Long hours, last one to be paid, has all the bd, and good to deal with.

Many people try & fail at business, fewlaw the magic 5 years, most are under in two years.

Chris at Karve is in same boat as other small businesses, at mercy of cost of raw materials, bet that is reason for price increases.

If you want to talk about having pride in being an owner, then also talk about how that SHOULD incentivize you to correspond with buyers and potential buyers because you LOVE selling your products because they solve a problem for people.

I have bought a Karve previously and had a similar experience of long wait. I don't remember even trying to write Chris, but the razor eventually shipped and it was an excellent razor. If anyone wonders if they are being scammed, I want to tell you that you are not. Chris just takes his time, delivers a fantastic razor (especially for the money) and you'll eventually get what you ordered. But yeah...the wait is long and the reports of non-communication abound.

But please, for the love of all that is holy, don't tell us this is a feature because "pride of ownership". It is a FAIL. The only thing costing Chris money in the long term is his lack of communication. No properly trained 18-year-old could even get close to doing as much damage as ignoring customers for months, customers making charge-backs, and customers swearing off you and telling anyone that'll listen.

Top Bottom