What's new

Karve Goatlander Brotherhood (KGB)

Razor stand has arrived, and I didn't have to sign for it as USPS false-alarmed. I like that there's a plastic sleeve inside the stand to avoid metal to metal contact. Another thoughtful and beautiful piece of Karve engineering.

When I ordered the stand, I was also thinking I'd like to get a longer Overlander handle but decided against pushing my luck. The Karve website has pretty much every conceivable option, except for a stand-alone aluminum Overlander handle. That appears to only be available when buying the complete razor. When things settle down in the shop I'll see if that's something that can be cooked up, otherwise there's always the Knopf Pommel.

Used my Overlander again after 4 weeks or so. It sure is super comfortable and easy to use. I didn’t do any clean up and I can feel my trouble spots are not as smooth as I would like, but I can live with it. Have a blessed day men.
IMG_3890.jpeg

Given the lead time from purchase to receipt, I'd order another one right now! 😁
I still have a GC 68, a Lupo 72 (my current fave), and a Karve CB. If I never see the Overlander again, I'd like to try (and likely will anyhow), a Lupo 58. The Lupo is perfect with 2-4 days growth, but if I need something for a single day, maybe the 58 with be comfy. . . . and there is always a Bison to try???? . . . insert the aforementioned lead time issue.

Another perfect Overlander shave this morning with the copper razor. The first shave with the Derby Extra seemed too mild, but it didn’t seem to lose any sharpness over the five shaves I used it. The last shave may actually have been better than the first.

I’ll be switching up the razor and blade tomorrow.

IMG_1974.jpeg

April 23, 2024 Tuesday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, aluminum
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Soap: Cella red
Brush: Omega 10066 boar
Post shave: Barbero alum block
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Aftershave and Face Tonic

This was a three pass shave. No issues. Forgot the Thayer's Witch Hazel today!
The Personna blade was sharp and smooth.
The Overlander consistently delivers extraordinary shaves! Slowly, I'm eliminating razors that don't measure up to the Overlander's shave quality and ease of use. Why mess with razors that are frustrating to use or cause irritation?

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 04_23_24.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I tried another Tatara blade and lo and behold... got the exact same result. Felt great but to my surprise ended up with lots of neck irritation. There must be something in this particular combo that fools me into handling the razor with more pressure than my skin can handle. I will reserve these blades for the razors that they have performed well in (the Athena, the Merica and the Masamune, for example), and go back to the Feathers for the Overlander.

1000017872.jpg

April 25, 2024 Thursday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, aluminum :001_wub:
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Soap: Razorock New York
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Osma alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Nor'easter

All the items listed above worked synergistically to produce a fabulous shave.
Super close, super smooth. No weepers, etc. and no irritation. The second use of the Lab Blue was excellent.
It doesn't get any better than this! Truly a BBS result!

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 04_25_24.jpg

•Overlander with a Nacet
•Geo F Trumpers Lime shave cream (from a sample)
•AP Shave G5C brush

I had a negative opinion of the Nacet, due to finding it kind of rough and grabby in my first razor.

I’ve now used it in both the Overlander & Bison and it’s been excellent.
I think it preforms a little better in the Bison, but different soaps could be a factor in that. Regardless, great blade and I can see why it’s a favorite of many members here.

IMG_4899.jpeg

Top Bottom