What's new

July workshop - Framing

A good photo is generally a nice sharp in focus. but it can often be made better by framing. walls trees, even clouds can add to an image. this month, lets take some photos, both framed an not.

my example: the milky way
$DSC_2118-2.jpg

a good image, lots of clusters and objects visible. not a bad shot at all, considering.

but when it's framed....

$DSC_2118.jpg

the trees make it more interesting. especially with the slope which was a result of the EQ mount I used.

This isn't exactly "Frameless". but with this crop, there's not a lot of perspective/depth:
$E-BeachCrop2.jpg

And here's the original, which to me has a much stronger frame and thus better perspective/more interesting:
$E-Beach2.jpg

Great lesson idea. I look forward to learning from the masters!

that's a great example not only is the ocean a leading line but a nice frame, in conjunction with the darker cloud band

Assuming I'm getting the hang of this 'lingo', that's more or less framed decently with the Ford on the left and the tree's on the right?

Ahhhhh, I lack a central subject.

Doesn't always have to be a "central" subject. Take Mark's photo for instance. He used the treeline on one side to add depth and draw attention to his subject. Some times it can be as simple as changing the angle and adding some depth of field.

Take these for example. The first isn't really framed. Without the DOF it would be a pretty plain photo, even a little too busy. By simply changing the models angle and my focal point, I have a nicely framed photo that draws attention to the models face.

$_MG_0018-Edit.jpg
$_MG_0013-Edit.jpg
But the overall idea is to draw attention to your subject.

Assuming I'm getting the hang of this 'lingo', that's more or less framed decently with the Ford on the left and the tree's on the right?
[MENTION=76298]Cash_Stronomer[/MENTION], you also have some very nice leading lines from the trees and the car.. no "subject" but a good bit of seeing the perspective lines.

Top Bottom