What's new

JoWolf’s Lather Slide

Raven Koenes

My precious!
A Majestic Shave

Tonight’s shave will definitely be recorded as a memorable shave. I’m so glad @Ravens fine descriptions and posts on the Lupo. It shook me outa the trees and I had to have one. Thanks Rave. Although it was only my second shave with the wolf it surely felt as though there was a DNA connection. I loved using a Grande for over three years but the Lupo feels as though I’ve always used it. A magnificent razor. It’s been seven weeks to the day since my first shave with the Lupo. I was afraid I may have lost my soft touch or I would gouge trenches into my head. A fantastic shave and when accomplished I felt so very clean, compared to an electric shave. I’m still bubbling with excitement. My skin felt like it had been in the driest hottest desert the pre shave and especially the post shave renewed my skin to a forgotten luxurious comfort. I couldn’t be happier with my shave results. I don’t know if it can get any better for my shaves. A truly majestic shave.

Being a weekly shaver has an advantage of reliving and going over the fine details of your shave before the next one. I also experienced that to a lesser extent with carts at three day intervals. Those shaves were always mediocre at best. My weekly shaves with pre and post shave preps took a few years to find the right combinations to nurture and elevate my skin to very comfortable results. It’s all locked in now and very repeatable always with excellent results. I’m sure there are better razors and great results achieved with different software. I most definitely will be locked into my routine with razor and SV pampering. Until Rave can shake me outa the trees again. On another note the whole shave process elevated my energy and left me very contented a big welcomed surprise. I look forward to my next shave in a week or so give or take a day.

View attachment 1781706

Happy Shaves
:thumbup:

The Night Wolf
The Lupo certainly is a silent smooth shaver. The efficiency continues to surprise me. I knew it was better than the Grande. This third eight day two pass shave was a real pleasure. I’m getting considerably closer than I was accustomed to with the Grande. The bonus is very little buffing required. A nice surprise. A closer shave with improved skin comfort. I continue to adapt to the changing grips I use for face and head. Especially the head shave so much closer with very little buffing. I’m thrilled with the razors balance and I know that it will continue to improve as I get more shaves with it. I love it when expectations are met and exceeded.
I’m at the bottom of my Felec Aromatica shave soap. I found a Tundra and a Cosmo both tins with usable rings. I dug them out and combined all three. Waste not and a Franken SV. The next shave will have an interesting scent for sure.

IMG_0494.jpeg

Happy Shaves

It seems like your recovery is coming along nicely!! I hope your strength and comfort steadily improve!
Thank you for your support Balin. Ground Hog Day will be my first chance to start an exercise program. The first eight weeks of recovery need to be very cautious. The breast bone healing is at risk of injury. I start a rehab program on February 7th. It is usually an eight month recovery journey. I am grateful to be able to enjoy excellent wet shaves. They are definitely a boost in attitude and mood. The excitement is also elevated as I begin using a new razor. The Lupo is an improvement to my shaves as I explore its strengths and limitations.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Thank you for your support Balin. Ground Hog Day will be my first chance to start an exercise program. The first eight weeks of recovery need to be very cautious. The breast bone healing is at risk of injury. I start a rehab program on February 7th. It is usually an eight month recovery journey. I am grateful to be able to enjoy excellent wet shaves. They are definitely a boost in attitude and mood. The excitement is also elevated as I begin using a new razor. The Lupo is an improvement to my shaves as I explore its strengths and limitations.
Sending you continued prayers for your recovery, John.

John, I’m so glad to read your recovery is continuing and you are gaining strength day by day.

I’m sure you’ll be thrilled to start your exercise routine in the coming weeks. Congratulations.
I’ve been an expert in cabin fever and long for fresh air and activity. I continue to feel better and look forward to the boost I’ll get with exercise. Thank you for your support.

The Smooth Wolf
An eight day face and head shave. The Lupo continues to get smoother. Practice and familiarity continues to improve the bond. The shaves are closer with improved skin comfort. A two pass shave with less follow up buffing. I believe I will reach a point without any extra buffing needed. Fewer strokes improves skin comfort and each shave my skin feels better than the previous shave. I love the razors balance and my head shaves have never been this good. The SV Franken Soap was a surprise. Combing three soap rings Cosmo, Felce Aromatica, and Artica Tundra canceled the scents of all three. The scent was like a very light clean bath soap scent. Couldn’t smell it during the shave because it is so light. The lather felt creamier and noticeably slicker. I was very pleased with its performance. And I have a quarter of a tin to go through. I will be enjoying the shaves with this lather.

I passed the eight week mark with my surgery. There shouldn’t be any problems with the breast bone separating and it does feel comfortable. This allowed me to start my stick walking which works some upper body and chest strengthening. I can’t go too far yet and it’ll be awhile before I can get out of sight. I enjoyed the fresh air and look forward to building up my distance and speed. I’ve always been a quick walker. I’m like a turtle with a limp right now. I start a heart rehab program on Wednesday and look forward to that as well. Little steps but moving in the right direction.

IMG_0494.jpeg

Happy Shaves

The Wolf Feasted on Fat Tuesday

The nine day whisker growth was an easy romp for the Lupo. The face and head shave was above average. I continue to dial in this excellent razor. Each shave rewarding me with improved efficiency. The SV Franken shave soap is the creamiest soap I’ve used to date. Two passes face and head were ultra close with elevated skin Comfort. As I dial in and get accustomed to the Lupo my buffing is minimized. A strong argument for efficient razors. Fewer shave strokes will always deliver improved skin comfort. I’m nine and a half weeks from my heart surgery and this was the first shave I was able to enjoy my fully lengthened shave routine. Very nice.

I couldn’t celebrate Shrove Tuesday with pancakes. I did try my first low fat whole wheat tortilla pizza for lunch. It was better than expected and squelched my pizza craving. My heart surgeon had advised me that salt and bread are the biggest contributors to heart disease. I thought fat and sugar might have been the top two. I don’t miss the added salt or the bread. I think I’ve been recycled ten times over the years. I have to be a good boy because there won’t be any second chances. Lent being a time of fasting should help me towards weight reduction. I purchased a Fitbit. It’ll take me awhile to figure out my best options. I do like it. I’m wearing a watch again something I thought I would never do again after smart phones. The old dog is learning new tricks.

IMG_0494.jpeg

Happy Shaves

Top Bottom