What's new

JoWolf’s Lather Slide

absent without official leave but without intent to desert.

I did not mean to disappear. I am returning but not as @JoWolf, but as @JOWolfgo older and more crusty, oxidized and gimped up a little more. Getting locked out of my account, a screw up with two step verification started a serendipitous journey. New shaving adventures as well. Electrifying stories to be shared.

Hello to all the many members who kept me focused on the path. A sabbatical is always refreshing and certainly can amend opinions and views. Some sought and some inevitable. I look forward to exchanging stories and adventures. My pace is much slower due to arthritic conditions. I will try to keep up. JOWolfgo

IMG_0330.jpeg

Welcome back. Would you like your old account re-instated? It can be done if you would like it done.
Thank You for the welcome. It is good to be back. It’s been over a year and I missed the forums and wonderful members. Yes I would love to have my old account re-instated. I got locked out with a two factor verification screw up. Please advise.

Welcome back. Would you like your old account re-instated? It can be done if you would like it done.
I guess the account got combined but now I am locked out of both @JoWolf & @JOWolfgo. I opened this account to contact you and send in a request to access my account. The two step verification would have to be deselected by a moderator in my @JoWolf account in order for me to sign in. Thank you for your help. John

Welcome back, John!

You’ve been sorely missed
Thank You Thom. I continue to have sign in problems with my accounts. Hopefully 🙏🏻 I can get it all straightened out soon. My sabbatical was driven mostly by arthritis. I also enhanced my cellular phone package and went crazy with streaming movies. Since I was mostly struggling with my health it was easier to watch movies and listen to audio books than anything else. Thirteen months flew by in a blink. I missed B&B and all the wonderful members. The sabbatical was refreshing nonetheless. It gave me a stronger focus stepping back and re-examining all aspects of my shave.

Shaving took a few more forks in the road. Down electric corridors. My shaves are hybridized dependent on physicality of the day. Nothing can beat a luxurious 72hr+ BBS for me. I had even stopped shaving and that’s how I got into beard and facial hair trimming. I settled for a trim moustache and lower lip chip for the time being. For me electrics are a secondary option to look presentable rather than unkept whiskers. I will be doing write ups on the electrics. I want to use them a little longer first.

Thom I hope all is well with you and your family. Happy Easter
John

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I guess the account got combined but now I am locked out of both @JoWolf & @JOWolfgo. I opened this account to contact you and send in a request to access my account. The two step verification would have to be deselected by a moderator in my @JoWolf account in order for me to sign in. Thank you for your help. John
I sent you a message at this account along with my email address.
Let me know if you have further issues.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Hoping your Easter is also a happy one, John.

Family is doing well as can be. Hoping yours is also doing well.

Sorry to read joints/health haven’t been the best for you, but hope it’s become more manageable.

If you’re still using your Fatip, you may want to contact @Rosseforp Doug about a wider, lighter, grippier handle.

Your journal has inspired quite a few of us here. Whether lightening our touches or using shea butter as a pre-shave, we’ve all mined gems.

Hoping your Easter is also a happy one, John.

Family is doing well as can be. Hoping yours is also doing well.

Sorry to read joints/health haven’t been the best for you, but hope it’s become more manageable.

If you’re still using your Fatip, you may want to contact @Rosseforp Doug about a wider, lighter, grippier handle.

Your journal has inspired quite a few of us here. Whether lightening our touches or using shea butter as a pre-shave, we’ve all mined gems.
Good to see Doug sharing his expertise and craft improvements to equipment. My shave is totally solid. My locked four will not change. It took over three years to develop the touch. I have no complaints or improvements to adjust in my wet shave. I am not complaining but if I got to ask for an improvement to the magnificent Fatip Gold Grande it would be; Fatip to improve blade placement and alignment in the razor. Very used to doing it manually. That’s the only minor glitch. I would rate all my shaves between very comfortable and luxurious. It’s easy when you know how. It just took three years to get there. Skin prep and care are critical to my shave. Ultimately it was the “Light Touch” that was so elusive. I only feel the blade edge in my shaves. No nicks, cuts, or irritation. My bold statement: I’m there, no adjustments necessary. My shaves are wonderful.

I sent you a message at this account along with my email address.
Let me know if you have further issues.
I’m in a rats nest trying to sort out my account and lost your email Phil. So I’m sending my update here.

I’m in Phil. Thank you so much. If you could get my copper upgrade transferred, I will be out of your hair. Sorry there were more issues than there should have been. You moderators certainly Rock! Thank You Phil
John

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I’m in a rats nest trying to sort out my account and lost your email Phil. So I’m sending my update here.

I’m in Phil. Thank you so much. If you could get my copper upgrade transferred, I will be out of your hair. Sorry there were more issues than there should have been. You moderators certainly Rock! Thank You Phil
John
We'll get you fixed up. Give me a little bit.

Drugs & Electric Razors

Most of last year and the beginning of this year; I had to remain on prednisone, and some awful pain killers. Arthritis had shut down ninety percent of normal movement. Getting in and out of a car or opening a soda can were not things I could do anymore. As I regained better upper body movement I began dreaming of BBS shaves. Wet shaves were uncomfortable and painful due to joint movement. I grew scruffy beards and did not put too much effort into shaving my head or face. This OCD BBS shaver Hates Head Hair. I started using my Philips rotary shaver. It gave up the ghost, after three or four shaves. it was probably 40 yrs old. I purchased a shave/beard/trimmer and the widely advertised Pit Bull four rotary head shaver. All due respect to electric shavers. They cannot even get close to a BBS-Shave. At least not for me.

The only time my wife had ever commented on my hair, which was now visible. Kinda scruffy ☹️. Electrics obviously do a great job for many shavers. Neck whiskers can be shortened with the pop-up trimmer, any closer with electrics will devastate my neck skin. It has always have been that way for me. Right from my late teens. (All Carts also irritated my neck skin.)

My moustache and bottom lip chip, (both soon to be gone) are easily trimmed and shaped with the pop-up trimmer. The Pit Bull is an easy, quick way to shave your head and face. So a complete electric shearing is convenient and quick. I will post an in depth review on the Pit Bull in the future.

Electric vs De Wet Shave

Electrics have always been part of my shave equipment. My hospital stays I use electrics, fast & convenient. Yesterday’s electric shave and trim. Beard trimmer & Pit Bull heads cleaned up after the shearing, totalled about one hour. Today my head whiskers and face whiskers, feel like about a three day growth, neck whiskers at a four day growth. Can you get a luxurious shave with electrics? Absolutely not. I do like the convenience of electrics when needed, but prefer not to use them.

My typical de wet shaves with before and after pampering go two and half to three hours. Yes I could cut the time down if I had one good reason to; which I don’t. My BBS+ shaves are beyond comfortable they are luxurious.

I would have had one yesterday but I blame the UPS who managed to screw up my Saponificio Varesino Aromatica shave soap order. I have two other SV’s soaps but I wanted my first complete Face & Head Shave combined in months. To be with my favourite fragranced soap.

A few weeks ago. The SV folks in New Jersey had asked me for a review. I said no problem, if you ever deliver it. A week later they said they found my order. UPS would deliver. Another half week or so. UPS folks emailed me asking import taxes be paid before delivery. The import taxes were as high as the price of the order. I have never paid more duty on an order than the goods ordered. I ignored any further contact with UPS and NJ. This was not my first order from Saponificio Varesino, New Jersey. My previous orders no problems. I was ticked off and found the pre shave creams here in Ontario so I ordered them. They had doubled in price since I last purchased them. I found a tin of Aromatica in Dubai and so ordered the soap and some SV deodorant from those folks. UPS showed up with the $126.00 USD order and wanted $123.00 Cnd for import duties. I said send it back no way I’m paying an outrageous duty. I emailed NJ and asked for my monies returned. Not excepting any feed back, considering previous experience on this order. I didn’t think I would be hearing from anybody anytime soon.

Next day Antonio from Saponificio Varesino New Jersey called me on the phone. We had a long chat. I explained to Antonio I purchased elsewhere and wanted a refund. He was such a gentleman. He asked my help in solving the duty problem. I emailed the UPS statement to him. He said he would get to the bottom of it and get back to me when he had answers. Antonio called back next day and said it was a UPS mistake with information entered by UPS. He asked me to accept the order as he had already double shipped it. Just when I thought I was out of the sale, I got pulled back in 😁. Antonio assured me; In the future to email him personally if there are any issues with my orders. My Cosmo and Tundra are down to the shiny bottoms just outside rings. Two Felce Aromatica’s won’t be a problem. The only fragrance I wish to use for the foreseeable future.

Who’s quicker, Ontario, Dubai or New Jersey? I need a real 🪒

IMG_0330.jpeg

Top Bottom