What's new

Jikoryen Shave Soap

A couple others have posted about this soap. I tried it tonight. Here are my impressions. First I want to start by saying that a lot of people have compared it to arko. I found it to be better. It produced a nice thick layer immediately z. It felt good on my face. It was very slick. What made it stick out to me was how my face felt afterwards. It felt really clean and soft. The smell I found to be a lot more pleasant than arko. I bought the soap on eBay for the same price as arko with free shipping.

It’s also a very soft soap so I was able to form a puck with ease. This will probably be my new daily soap with arko as a back up. In all here’s my wholehearted endorsement for this new comer to the market.

I used the soap for a second shave this evening. I added too much water, it’s not as thirsty as arko. Even with that mistake, The soap performed incredibly well. It lathered well and left the face feeling smooth, soft and clean. This is my new soap.

The scent is definitely citrus.

A couple others have posted about this soap. I tried it tonight. Here are my impressions. First I want to start by saying that a lot of people have compared it to arko. I found it to be better. It produced a nice thick layer immediately z. It felt good on my face. It was very slick. What made it stick out to me was how my face felt afterwards. It felt really clean and soft. The smell I found to be a lot more pleasant than arko. I bought the soap on eBay for the same price as arko with free shipping.

It’s also a very soft soap so I was able to form a puck with ease. This will probably be my new daily soap with arko as a back up. In all here’s my wholehearted endorsement for this new comer to the market.
Meant to say yesterday. I did my second shave tonight.

I have been using this stick. And while I liked Arko more at that time. I do feel that this is a good performing soap for the $.

I guess I was expecting it to be more like Derby or Arko. Since it’s a Turkish soap stick, and those are the only 2 that I have ever used to compare it too.

As mentioned the post shave feel is a little nicer than those 2 other sticks.

I guess why I liked Arko and Derby slightly better was that I felt the lather was a little denser and slicker. But the Jikoryen seems to give my face enough protection from nic’s and cut’s that I can’t fault it for that.

I was also expecting it to be a harder soap. But I kind of like it being softer, as it doesn’t take as long to apply to my face.

The first month the scent was so strong. That I wasn’t sure how much longer I could take it? But it has now calmed down and i don’t mind it.

To me it has a scent similar to the blue Fabuloso floor cleaner.

1699494598991.jpeg

I would agree that it is citrus scented.i found it to lather better than arko, but i dont use it as a stick i made it into a puck. I think that makes it easier to use.

I am also curious to find a source for this - it has been recommended to me as an alternative to Arko! that might not cause me an allergic reaction. I am interested both to find a supplier in Europe, and to know what the ingredients list looks like, neither of which I have managed to do so far.

Top Bottom