Soap: Arko, mug loaded and lathered
Razor: RR Lupo 95
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Number of passes: 3, XTG
Touchups or buffs: Yes
Aftershave: Skin Bracer and Nivea Sensitive balm
Sting: some
Result: DFS (stubble ATG on neck)

I made the lather too thin and I over-shaved, which resulted in some sting. However, it was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting based on the post-shave feel in the shower. It wasn't that, really. I think what saved me was I went shallow again this morning with the intention of using three passes to see how it compares to two passes that were steeper, such as yesterday. Overall, there's not much difference in the shave closeness with three shallow passes or two steeper passes, so it looks like the latter method will win out.

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
Mail call. The what the pucks were as hard as a rock and survived the hot UPS truck in Georgia.

IMG_0294.jpeg

Jay21

Wooowwww All beautiful! I really like it for your purchases.
The Razorock shaving soaps in the refill discs I had never seen, great purchases I like everything from the soaps, to the handle, to the blades.
Didn't you order two hundred Nacet blades?
I ordered 200 Nacets from another seller a few weeks ago. I decided I needed 100 more with this order. I am starting to quasi-stockpile them because I really like them and they are no longer made. I have around 400 now.

Jay21

Pre-shave: KCG Beard and Face Wash
Brush: RR 400 Plissoft, matte handle
Soap: RR What the Puck Blue Label, mug loaded and lathered
Razor: RR Lupo 95
Blade: Gillette Nacet (5)
Number of passes: 2, XTG
Touchups or buffs: No
Aftershave: Old Spice and Nivea Sensitive balm
Result: DFS (stubble ATG on neck)

First time this morning using RR What the Puck soap. Despite it being hard enough to play hockey with it, it lathered super easily. In fact, I inadvertently made more lather than I needed because it was that easy. It made a nice yogurt, just like the product page at IB said it would. However, during the first pass of my shave, I felt some tingling, and then I had some aftershave sting. I hope it's not a skin reaction to the soap. I think it might more likely that it was from using an older blade (I usually retire them after 3 shaves, but I decided to push this one to 5) and shaving at slightly steeper angle today. The shave wasn't as close as I had been getting, so maybe those are the reasons. I hope so because I liked the soap a lot. Maybe my skin might need some time to adjust as well.

I ordered 200 Nacets from another seller a few weeks ago. I decided I needed 100 more with this order. I am starting to quasi-stockpile them because I really like them and they are no longer made. I have around 400 now.
Nacets are razor dependent for me - it has to be in a milder razor. I can't use them in my Fatip or my newer Yaqi acquisitions (Knight Helmet, Aggressive Slant). I have around the same amount as you and the hoarder in me says I should buy more, but logically there's no real reason.

I find GSBs work across all of my razors thus far. Same with Treet Platinum.

Can you use Nacets everywhere?

Jay21

Pre-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost
Razor: Baili TTO
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Result: CCS (stubble ATG on neck)

I think I might be having a slight skin reaction to the What the Puck soap. I felt some lingering issues throughout yesterday, but it was tough to say if the shave or the soap caused them. This morning, I did everything to eliminate other possibilities from the soap. I didn't use KCG Beard and Face Wash, I loaded a fresh Nacet into the Baili TTO (which is my mildest razor), and I only did two shallow passes. I still felt some tingling during the shave and some mild sting afterwards. I hope it's not the soap because it really is wonderful stuff. It's a lather machine with fantastic slickness. I'll give it one or two more shaves before I come to my conclusion in the hopes that my skin still needs time to settle down from yesterday's shave and/or adjust to the new soap. I won't make the same mistake I made early on in my journey with Catie's Bubbles. That soap set my face on fire for months. I thought I was doing something wrong and my technique was off so I stuck with it. It was the soap all along because once I switched to canned goo, no more sting or burn. Never again, folks.

Uncle Boris @blethenstrom, these are the ingredients from What the Puck Blue Label. Is there anything in there that is known to cause skin reactions? Maybe it's the fragrance?

Potassium Palmate, Sodium Palmate, Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Aqua, Parfum (Fragrance), Palm Kernel Acid, Glyceryl Caprylate Caprate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Lanolin, Pentasodium Pentatate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Alpha Isomethyl lonone, Benyzl Salicylate, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool.

Pre-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost
Razor: Baili TTO
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Result: CCS (stubble ATG on neck)

I think I might be having a slight skin reaction to the What the Puck soap. I felt some lingering issues throughout yesterday, but it was tough to say if the shave or the soap caused them. This morning, I did everything to eliminate other possibilities from the soap. I didn't use KCG Beard and Face Wash, I loaded a fresh Nacet into the Baili TTO (which is my mildest razor), and I only did two shallow passes. I still felt some tingling during the shave and some mild sting afterwards. I hope it's not the soap because it really is wonderful stuff. It's a lather machine with fantastic slickness. I'll give it one or two more shaves before I come to my conclusion in the hopes that my skin still needs time to settle down from yesterday's shave and/or adjust to the new soap. I won't make the same mistake I made early on in my journey with Catie's Bubbles. That soap set my face on fire for months. I thought I was doing something wrong and my technique was off so I stuck with it. It was the soap all along because once I switched to canned goo, no more sting or burn. Never again, folks.

Uncle Boris @blethenstrom, these are the ingredients from What the Puck Blue Label. Is there anything in there that is known to cause skin reactions? Maybe it's the fragrance?

Potassium Palmate, Sodium Palmate, Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Aqua, Parfum (Fragrance), Palm Kernel Acid, Glyceryl Caprylate Caprate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Lanolin, Pentasodium Pentatate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Alpha Isomethyl lonone, Benyzl Salicylate, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool.
I am not well verses in which ingredients that could be triggers, but I have heard some that say Limonene, Linalool but Arko uses Linalool so that is not it, since you have used Arko without issue. I really should not speak to it since I do not know. 🤷‍♂️ sorry that I cannot be more help.

Top Bottom