What's new

Jack Purcells by Converse. What a shame/Classic Sneakers

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Ok… so where did we leave off? Oh yeah…

So I tried to jump on the Nike Cortez train with @Marco but I was not faster than a speeding locomotive and got shut out on the 5/8 launch date.

So that train has sailed. 😉

But the Samba is still all the rage.

And this colorway has caught my eye. Although sold out at adidas, I was able to order a pair from Footlocker.

A rich, deep brown leather with a “preloved” yellow trim.

IMG_9755.jpeg
IMG_9756.jpeg
IMG_9757.jpeg

When I get ‘em, you’ll see ‘em.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Ok… so where did we leave off? Oh yeah…

So I tried to jump on the Nike Cortez train with @Marco but I was not faster than a speeding locomotive and got shut out on the 5/8 launch date.

So that train has sailed. 😉

But the Samba is still all the rage.

And this colorway has caught my eye. Although sold out at adidas, I was able to order a pair from Footlocker.

A rich, deep brown leather with a “preloved” yellow trim.

View attachment 1843943View attachment 1843949View attachment 1843944

When I get ‘em, you’ll see ‘em.
Magnificent shoes indeed, Robert!

Anyway, if the Forrest Gump do not show up within a couple of weeks I'm going to order the Cortez By You I created that are FG-like. :cuppa:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
The Samba OG arrived today.
IMG_9824.jpeg

I ordered them in Size 11.
IMG_9825.jpeg

Which is the size as the Samba ADV I had purchased some time ago.

IMG_9826.jpeg

IMG_9534.jpeg

Although the sizes printed on the box would indicate that these sneakers are both the same size, nothing could be further from the truth.

The Size 11 in the brown Samba OG was way too long by at least an inch or more in the toe box while the ADV provided a more snug fit overall than that of the OG, with just enough room to spare in the toe area.

So I set up an exhange for a 10.5. In my mind, I’m thinking I could fit into a Size 10 but that might be pushing it.

Anyway, we will continue down this road until we get it right. :yesnod:

Although I was aware of the slight differences between the OG vs. the ADV, I was quite surprised the wide disparity in sizing between both sneakers.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The Samba OG arrived today.
View attachment 1845873

I ordered them in Size 11.
View attachment 1845876

Which is the size as the Samba ADV I had purchased some time ago.

View attachment 1845875

View attachment 1845874

Although the sizes printed on the box would indicate that these sneakers are both the same size, nothing could be further from the truth.

The Size 11 in the brown Samba OG was way too long by at least an inch or more in the toe box while the ADV provided a more snug fit overall with than that of the OG with just enough room to spare in the toe area.

So I set up an exhange for a 10.5. In my mind, I’m thinking I could fit into a Size 10 but that might be pushing it.

Anyway, we will continue down this road until we get it right. :yesnod:

Although I was aware of the slight differences between the OG vs. the ADV, I was quite surprised the wide disparity in sizing between both sneakers.
Yeah, that stinks. But on the bright side, both colors are very sharp my friend!

Top Bottom