What's new

Jack Purcells by Converse. What a shame/Classic Sneakers

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I can honestly say that after all these years of wearing the classics such as adidas, Converse, Nike, Puma, New Balance and a bunch of others, this is the first pair of Reebok sneeks I have ever owned.

The Club C 85 Vintage
IMG_3623.jpeg

IMG_3624.jpeg
IMG_3626.jpeg

IMG_3627.jpeg

IMG_3630.jpeg

IMG_3629.jpeg

IMG_3631.jpeg

I will say this, they are very comfortable right out of the box and the leather is very soft. :thumbup1:

Let’s see how they go.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I can honestly say that after all these years of wearing the classics such as adidas, Converse, Nike, Puma, New Balance and a bunch of others, this is the first pair of Reebok sneeks I have ever owned.

The Club C 85 Vintage
View attachment 1641746
View attachment 1641747View attachment 1641748
View attachment 1641749
View attachment 1641751
View attachment 1641750
View attachment 1641752

I will say this, they are very comfortable right out of the box and the leather is very soft. :thumbup1:

Let’s see how they go.
May you be as pleased with them as I was my friend. I think it's been close to 30 years since I have worn any, but I loved them.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
And then you go from a classic like the Reebok Club C 85 Vintage sneaker to the Hoka One One Mach 4 (I think this model is now on Mach 5).

It’s just a very different thing….

These are replacing a pair of well-worn Hoka Bondi 5’s.

IMG_3672.jpeg
IMG_3673.jpeg
IMG_3674.jpeg
IMG_3675.jpeg
IMG_3677.jpeg
IMG_3679.jpeg

IMG_3676.jpeg

Last edited:
Life's been crazy so I haven't posted here in a while, but thought you guys would want to see my first outing in my new leather Jack Purcells. :laugh:

The pair I bought last summer have seen a lot of use, and they aren't as pretty as they were. And after wearing the new ones today and finding them pleasantly comfy, the cushioning must be breaking down on the old pair too.

IMG_7118.jpg

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Signed up for the latest NB drop of the Made in USA 990 v6. They were sold out by day’s end. (I think they are re-stocked now).

Gents, this is what’s known as catapulting fearlessly into the Dad-o-sphere. 🤪

IMG_4107.jpeg
IMG_4108.jpeg
IMG_4109.jpeg
IMG_4110.jpeg
IMG_4111.jpeg
IMG_4112.jpeg
IMG_4115.jpeg
IMG_4113.jpeg
IMG_4114.jpeg

1684517861601.jpeg

Last edited:
Like so many other things....

I'm with you though, some of my favorite things are my favorite because of small details. Of course I end up being that way about a lot of things. Take away those details and it just isn't as nice.

The placement of those holes is the most egregious of the offenses though. I'd suspect they are defects from the look of it. Why would the holes be designed so low?
The riveted hokes? Theyre to let air in and heat out supposedly

Signed up for the latest NB drop of the Made in USA 990 v6. They were sold out by day’s end. (I think they are re-stocked now).

Gents, this is what’s known as catapulting fearlessly into the Dad-o-sphere. 🤪

View attachment 1655754View attachment 1655755View attachment 1655756View attachment 1655757View attachment 1655758View attachment 1655759View attachment 1655760View attachment 1655761View attachment 1655762
View attachment 1656846
Yeah, pretty nice for new bakance shoes!

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I had a pair of the black adidas Samba back in the day which is the most recognizable colorway for this sneaker.

This photo is of a vintage pair since this is the way it looked when I had them in the early to mid-80’s wherein the gum soles were much lighter than it is today.

IMG_4645.jpeg

Pictured below, is the white colorway which arrived last night. I had done a little research and went with Samba ADV rather than the Samba OG. In short, most reviews indicated the ADV provided a bit more comfort in its overall construction.

As is my experience with adidas Superstars, I went with a Size 11US. Although I might be able to get away with a 10.5, the Samba (like the Gazelle and the Campus) run a bit narrow so sizing up provides more comfort overall.
IMG_4635.jpeg
IMG_4631.jpeg
IMG_4630.jpeg
IMG_4628.jpeg
IMG_4629.jpeg
IMG_4634.jpeg
IMG_4632.jpeg
IMG_4633.jpeg
IMG_4627.jpeg

Last edited:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
When I wear new footwear, I’m very aware (or at least try to be) of the fit and comfort of the footwear.

In this particular case with the adidas Samba, they went on their maiden voyage and I forgot I had them on.

I guess that answered all my questions about fit and comfort. 🤪 😀
IMG_4678.jpeg

FarmerTan

When I wear new footwear, I’m very aware (or at least try to be) of the fit and comfort of the footwear.

In this particular case with the adidas Samba, they went on their maiden voyage and I forgot I had them on.

I guess that answered all my questions about fit and comfort. 🤪 😀View attachment 1678250
Your feet are sneaker blind my friend!

Those are sharp looking. If I'd been in a gang in Jr. High Skool you'd be the kid I'd fantasize about stealing his shoes! (If kids actually stole shoes back in early/mid 70's!)

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Your feet are sneaker blind my friend!

Those are sharp looking. If I'd been in a gang in Jr. High Skool you'd be the kid I'd fantasize about stealing his shoes! (If kids actually stole shoes back in early/mid 70's!)

First, pick out the sneaker you like…

1687982758673.gif

Then, make sure they fit properly…

1687982832291.gif

And if the fit is to your liking then….

JET!
1687982909768.gif

(This advice is only given in jest. Do not try this at home (or at Foot Locker). :nono:

FarmerTan

First, pick out the sneaker you like…

View attachment 1678258
Then, make sure they fit properly…

View attachment 1678259

And if the fit is to your liking then….

JET!
View attachment 1678260

(This advice is only given in jest. Do not try this at home (or at Foot Locker). :nono:
Good thing I read the entire post, or the War Department would be at your house asking for legal advice my friend!

Well, that is assuming she didn't just hang up on me with my one phone call!

It's a much safer bet she'd let me linger in jail to teach me a lesson. She's a hard woman I tell ya!

Last edited:

FarmerTan

@FarmerTan

If it were me in the hoosegow, I wouldn’t use my one phone call until the next day. I could use the rest. 🙄
If that's the case, my wife would probably welcome jail herself. Between everything she does for others AND riding herd on me, she could use a break. I married WAY outside my class. She keeps me for the same reason a King has a jester.

Top Bottom