What's new

I've got Da fat! With picture.

I like MWF, but I refuse to believe that you made that lather with it, without super/uber lathering. :p

No seriously, nice lather, nice purchase, nice pic. Have fun! :D

Hi guys! I've always been curious to try "Da Fat." Normally Known as Mitchell's Wool Fat.

Got it in the mail yesterday, and the quality of the ceramic bowl is amazing. The smell is amazing too, I love it! It really reminds me of what my grandparents' bathroom smelled like when I visited there when I was a kid. A huge bathroom, with a huge bath tub (for a kid anyway), pink and ugly, but it sure smelled nice!

I tried shaving with it yesterday, that didn't work so well. Got loads of bubbles, the skin felt grippy when shaving, and it was just not good enough. I had to empty the lather and load up with T&H's Ultimate Comfort and preshave oil for the ATG pass. Escaped with some irritation.

The stuff would just not lather on me! It didn't help that I didn't have as much time as I wanted either.

I watched Mantic's tips on lathering Da Fat just a few minutes ago and decided to do another practice lather. I bring you...

proxy.php

Stiff peaks, anyone?!

Every time I see the picture, I can't believe my eyes! Maybe one day I'll get the same results with MWF.

I soak my puck of MWF and brush in hot tap water while showering. Immediately after showering, I shake out the brush, drain the puck well and make lather with no difficulty. For me, MWF is a bit harder to lather than Tabac and ProRaso.

HTH

Top Bottom