What's new

I've always want to try a straight PIF

Please count me in...i've never used a straight and the price is right..so I'm willing to give it a shot. If its not for me, I will continue to PIF.

I'm IN. I'll give it a go if I win and share my amusing stories of blood, etc.

Just because I'm on blood thinners, I shouldn't be scared, right?

LOL.

Dean

I'm in (but in Canada - I'll pay the extra shipping charge though if I win). I just got into DE in April and enjoy it. Getting faster and better shaves every time. Haven't tried a straight as I'm concerned with the time required to shave and level of blade maintenance required (strop, sharpen) although I do sharpen my kitchen knives on a water stone... There's still a part of me that wants to give it a go. A PIF would push me over the edge o/w I'll just continue with my DE joy for now.

I'm in. I haven't tried a straight yet as I just started going back to school and haven't had the time to invest in finding a good starter kit.

I'm in. I have not tried a straight yet and would love to. I will keep a shave diary for at least a month.

The reason I haven't yet is because of the cost... My swmbo to be would knock my head off.

Last edited:
I'm in, have been eyeing them for awhile just can't ever get SWMBO on board so if one just kinda showed up what can she say....

Im in, just haven't got into it yet but would love to give it a go. thanks for the opportunity. If not for me I will continue the PIF

I'm not in. Great Starter Kit PIF. I've only been here a short while but been chavin with a straight on and off since 84/5. At least there is a wealth of information here concerning how to approoch shaving and honing ect... When I started it was all trial and error, mostly the latter.

As I said, it is a generous PIF for someone to get their toes wet.

I'm in, but not for myself but for a co worker who wants to get into straight shaving. If I can get him in here I'll retract this.

I'm in.
This PIF has my name written all over it. I've been drooling over the straights lately and have been debating getting into one of Buca's beginner kits.
Thank you for your consideration.

I'm in, I've always been curious about straight shaving!

I chose DE because it seemed the safer bet for seeing I enjoyed a more intense morning ritual, and more forgiving if I goofed.

Last edited:
LOL! Someone who hasn't tried straights yet due to lack of funds is about to get one free straight and then go straight to the poor house buying more straights, strops, hones, etc. [emoji12]

LOL! Someone who hasn't tried straights yet due to lack of funds is about to get one free straight and then go straight to the poor house buying more straights, strops, hones, etc. [emoji12]

So, if I understand you correctly, you are saying that we would be financially "cutting our throat" with a straight razor? :biggrin1:

I'm in. I haven't used a straight yet because I don't have one. Always have wanted one, even before I got into wet shaving. Sweet

Top Bottom