What's new

I've always want to try a straight PIF

I've just reached the 1000 post and October 16th is my one year anniversary. I have learned so much this past year. Started with DEs and the last few months been using a straight. I have been overwhelmed by the generosity of the gentleman here so it is time to give back.
Here is what I'm giving away. This is my starter kit that I used when I got into straights. There is a strop kit I bought from Buca, a simple leather strop from a local leather guy, an EJ finest badger brush, a sample of Stirling soap and a Lees Warranted straight. Everything is used but in great shape. The razor isn't a beauty but is solid, tight and was honed by a member here and used just a few times so should be shave ready.(this was my first find in the wild)
$SAM_0514.jpg
This should be everything you need to get started.

So here are the rules:
1. This is for anyone who wants to start shaving with a straight.
And
2. Who doesn't have a straight razor or strop.
That's it. You long time lurkers now have no excuse.

Just say I'm in and why you haven't used a straight yet.

The winner will be announce October 17th.

I'm the first one to be in.

Been meaning to try an actual straight for a very long time now.
The only I haven't used a straight yet is probably the cost attached to it and the lack of availability of good straights were I stay.

Thank you for this generous PIF.

Im in. Been tempted to get a straight. Just never pulled the trigger. Today im turn 33 so might as well try a big boy razor. Thanks for thegreat pif offer.

I'm in. I haven't gotten into it yet because of the upfront cost, although I hope to be able to afford a beginners setup some day.

incredible offer.

i am in, with trepidation. what has held me back so far are concerns over 1) time commitment, and 2) doing bodily harm.

I'm in, not knowing what to buy, not wanting to buy something useless and the fear of lots of cuts.

I'm in. I just got a shavette and that alone has greatly increased my interest in straight razors. Thank you for the opportunity.

I'm in for consideration (with Thanks either way for your generosity in even doing this PIF) but - I'm scared poopless, at the same time!! I just made the switch from cartridges to DE razors a couple of weeks ago, and I'm loving it. But I've always been morbidly curious about Straight Razors... I'm probably a long way from ready, but I'm still curious to try it!

I'm in. I have been learning more about straights recently but haven't been able to convince the wife to let me spend more money on Shaving ("it was supposed to be cheaper! ")

Top Bottom