What's new

It was meant to be..

So I am new to safety razors, have been looking for awhile but never made the plunge. I read an article online saying to check out eBay and get a classic Gillette DE safety razor, supposedly you couldn't go wrong with one of these...So last night i'm watching this bidding war happen on 3 classic Gillette's I'm thinking to myself pffhh i'm just going to hop in the last 10 seconds and win this, and get a good price...Needless to say i'm not an eBay pro by any means in fact I hardly use eBay..So i'm on my phone and there's only 10 seconds on the clock I immediately click to make a bid and frantically type in 2107, thinking its 2017 and their software would input the decimal and know that i'm bidding 21.07$ and not 2,107$. Congratulations to me I just won the bidding war! For a second I was kinda worried to see how much I just dedicated to buying these for, ends up I won the items with a final bid of $41.00, I was honestly just glad that it didn't fly crazy high...I might not have planned on spending that much but, I figure now I get to try 3 Razors and I can just sell the remaining 2 on eBay. Here's a link to the Razors, maybe someone can help with identifying them? I hope they're good ones! any tips or guidance with my future endeavor would be cool too!

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
You bought two flare tip Super Speeds and a ball end post war Tech. All very good razors. The ball end Tech and black handle Super Speed are among my favorite razors. The Red Super Speed may need some work; it looks like the doors are not closing fully but that is often not a major repair.

@ $41 you didn't get burned. I wouldn't bother with selling two. Each razor has it's own charm and niche. Keep them all.

Hahaha, glad for you the same mistake did not happen to another bidder!
Congrats, good price for this trio!

Excellent! The Red Tip Super Speeds usually go for about $30 or $35, so I'd say you got a terrific deal! Just like @Blain said, keep 'em all and use them. You have 3 pretty different grades of aggressiveness there, with the Red Tip being the most aggressive, and the Tech being the mildest. I think you'll like using them all. I love using every razor in my collection, as each one is different and has its own personality. Great start to a collection!!!

Welcome to the rabbit hole!

First, welcome to B&B.

You did just fine! All three a good razors. The one on the right looks like a Tech and is a good starting razor. The Rep Tip is a more aggressive razor and is one of my favorites.

Wow, great community here, had no idea I'd get such a response! Feeling a lot better about my purchase knowing I got some good ones and definitely looking forward to using them. Thanks for all the information!

Congratulations, Three very good razors. The Tech was one of Gillette's most popular models, in producti0on for 40 years. China manufacturers are still making razors based on the Tech design.

Top Bottom