What's new

Introducing myself, my shave history

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
It's people like you that at the same time I appreciate, yet get me into way more trouble than I would otherwise be in. :001_rolle

Appreciating works of art is one thing, buying them another. I dont know if you've ever heard of Wolfgang Loerchner, but he lives just over an hour from me. Way out of my league but we all have our dreams.

Thanks a bunch! It's definitely daunting and pretty time consuming, but *fingers crossed* it'll be worth it in the long run!
Education, in my opinion, is always worth it. Once earned, it can't be taken away from you. And the personal satisfaction is important as well.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Henry, pay attention. You should have posted this in the Newbie forum, not general shaving. You've just flunked assignment #1.

Nevertheless, welcome. From Michigan. Well, the southern part. If you make it back to this part of the world, Maggard Razors in Adrian is less than an hour from Detroit Metro Airport.

As a knife junkie, you will want to give some attention to straights. Deep rabbit hole, tho.

Mac

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Henry, glad to have you here. I read every word of your initial post but you lost me in another post when you spoke of your Thesis. That went truly over my head.

Welcome! Merkur makes fine razors. Great and interesting people infest B&B. Disposable razors are possibly immortal.

You are clearly over-qualified - knife maker, burl harvester, genome explorer, honorary citizen of Solingen, world record disposable razor abuser...

Here’s hoping your thesis project proceeds smoothly. I have no idea how many viral genetic sequences are floating around in the various mammalian genomes, but I look eagerly forward to supermarket tabloid headlines concerning genetically engineered Ebola bats invading the USA, no doubt swooping right over our wall.

Appreciating works of art is one thing, buying them another. I dont know if you've ever heard of Wolfgang Loerchner, but he lives just over an hour from me. Way out of my league but we all have our dreams.

I had actually heard the name somewhere. Where and why, I do not know, but thanks for giving me something nice to look at!

Henry, pay attention. You should have posted this in the Newbie forum, not general shaving. You've just flunked assignment #1.

Nevertheless, welcome. From Michigan. Well, the southern part. If you make it back to this part of the world, Maggard Razors in Adrian is less than an hour from Detroit Metro Airport.

As a knife junkie, you will want to give some attention to straights. Deep rabbit hole, tho.

Mac

Ah turd, just like me to flunk as soon as I start something. Live and learn though!

I'll definitely check that out the next time I'm back in the states and visiting one of my siblings downstate at their colleges!

Welcome to the forum Henry, glad to have you here. I read every word of your initial post but you lost me in another post when you spoke of your Thesis. That went truly over my head.

Sometimes I feel like it goes over my head too, so don't sweat it, you're in good company. :001_rolle

Welcome! Merkur makes fine razors. Great and interesting people infest B&B. Disposable razors are possibly immortal.

You are clearly over-qualified - knife maker, burl harvester, genome explorer, honorary citizen of Solingen, world record disposable razor abuser...

Here’s hoping your thesis project proceeds smoothly. I have no idea how many viral genetic sequences are floating around in the various mammalian genomes, but I look eagerly forward to supermarket tabloid headlines concerning genetically engineered Ebola bats invading the USA, no doubt swooping right over our wall.

I'll keep you in the loop of what tabloids might have a kernel of truth to them and what are utter poppycock. :001_tongu

Welcome to the forum, Henry! Thank you for taking the time to share your history with us. I read every word and greatly enjoyed it.

Do I win something? :001_tongu

If you can PM me a US address that will result in a razor eventually getting into your hands I’ll PIF you a Gillette Tech. That’s a post-WW2 3 piece with a safety bar. Might make for a good comparison with your 33C. I’m not an SB guy and I seem to have a surplus of Techs, so it’s no great sacrifice. :punk:

Top Bottom