What's new

International Pipe Smoking Day!

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Weather here is finally above freezing with blue skies, perfect day for a IPSD pipe on the porch. Unfortunately I have some kind of upper respiratory infection that has knocked me for a loop. I blame my kids, pretty sure I caught it from them. No pipes for me for a while. I’ll have to smoke vicariously through you folks for the next week or so.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Weather here is finally above freezing with blue skies, perfect day for a IPSD pipe on the porch. Unfortunately I have some kind of upper respiratory infection that has knocked me for a loop. I blame my kids, pretty sure I caught it from them. No pipes for me for a while. I’ll have to smoke vicariously through you folks for the next week or so.

Get well soon, mate

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I've been asleep most of the day (the to my free roaming body clock), and we've had three named storms come through in a week, so outdoor smoking has off the cards for some time, but my lack of live-in grumblemeister means I can smoke indoors.

The area has been hit by some localised flooding today, but nothing too severe... yet. Thankfully (in that respect) it's particularly hilly here, so it won't come knocking at the door.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I’m not the biggest aficionado when it comes to Virginia blends. But I broke out one of the kings for IPSD.

47F5B0A6-E0DB-44F2-A7EA-918AD69EADD7.jpeg

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks

Hope you feel better soon!

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
I had a great day today! It was nice to smoke a bowl……not on my front porch though. Today I decided to change things up a bit and head over to the smoking lounge close to my house. Had a great conversation with folks over there. I enjoyed some Newminster Superior Navy Flake in a cob. Great blend, simple, light and a great tin note.

First nice afternoon I've seen in more than a week. I managed two bowls in relative comfort. Although I wonder why the powers that be picked this date? Why not in a month or two when the weather will be more favorable to smoking a pipe? With more of us outside, more would get to experience the joyfully nostalgic aromas of pipe smoke.

But I got my two smokes in, I'm not complaining. Good job today, boys!16454071210721895290231402487232.jpg

20220220_194600.jpg

The pipe smoking day may be international, but I'm keeping my pipes local. Two Montana carvers on a below zero evening out here on the prairie. To the left, a 1 star blast Tinsky cauldron loaded with McClelland Syrian Full Balkan. To the right is Yeti #160, a blowfish that remains my only custom ordered pipe. FVF in the Yeti.

Top Bottom