What's new

International Pipe Smoking Day!

lol I actually sort of made out better in the long run, since PC messed up my order so badly they refunded my full purchase price a day or two after the fiasco started, then *many* months later over like 3 shipments sent me most of the order anyways.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
It will be just like any other day here. I might smoke, and might not.

I try not to be influenced by the calendar, other than birthdays of nearest and dearest, and that annual spendfest in December, which also seems to be rather important to many of the same people... especially the kids. Aside from that, I don't let the calendar or internet tell me what to do or think.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm ready.
Right to left
Peterson Sherlock Holmes in a Peterson 2021 POTY
Prince Albert in a Kaywoodie SuperGrain
Gawith Hoggarth Ennerdale in a Dunhill Cumberland
Stanwell Melange in a Stanwell Diplomat

20220220_081405.jpg

I've packed the Wolf pipe, but with Sir Walter Aromatic. It was the first pouch or bag that came to hand when I opened the pipe box this morning. Both of the Sir Walters light easily and burn steadily, so it makes for a good choice.

The combo smoked steadily for 20 minutes and seemed ready to continue. I've taken a break and will light up the remainder of the bowl this afternoon.

Last edited:
I've packed the Wolf pipe, but with Sir Walter Aromatic. It was the first pouch or bag that came to hand when I opened the pipe box this morning. Both of the Sir Walters light easily and burn steadily, so it makes for a good choice.

The combo smoked steadily for 20 minutes and seemed ready to continue. I've taken a break and will light up the remainder of the bowl this afternoon.
And so I did . . . and it was one of the worst pipe smoking experiences I've had in the last year. . The pipe sat for about 3 hours, and then I did not scoop out any of the ash before relighting. Mistake! The taste of ash was all I got out of it, so much so that I aborted after a few minutes. Note to self: If you want a short smoke, pack a small bowl. The second, unburned half can have risks!

Top Bottom