What's new

Intermittent Fasting

Whenever you are trying to lose fat, you have to make sure to eat nutritious food. This is to ensure that you get all your essential vitamins, minerals and fats. This becomes especially true when you are doing something as radical as ADF. I'm glad rajagra is doing well with it.

carbs+sugar is MOST important..if its calories you are counting..then eat all the salad you want (no dressing of course)...:blink:

But if youre dealing with "stress weight"..then take Cortisol pills..I have lost 12lb..my wife as well..exercise and keep a good diet as well but no need to go nuts with restrictions (assuming this is the case of course)

Still doing ADF, still amazed at how easy it is. I'm not getting hunger pangs at all.
When I am eating I try to cram in as wide a variety of foods as possible, even added veg with breakfast on the fasting day!
While I'm not doing this specifically for the weight loss, it is happening...
$ADF_weight.jpg
Apparently fasting suppresses appetite. This is a real eye-opener. I wouldn't advise any form of fasting for someone obsessed with being thin. It's just too easy. I'm sure this is what happens in anorexia*. Suppressed appetite + stupid aims = disaster.

Edit> I just looked it up, anorexia literally means loss of appetite, so anorexia nervosa means neurotic loss of appetite. Good job I'm not at risk.

Last edited:
So, about 6 weeks in. Got another bio-impedance reading of my body. The results were good to say the least, but still have 1.6% BF to drop.

Before After
Weight 102.4kg 98.4kg
BF mass 14.4kg 11.4kg
BF% 14.0 11.6
Lean mass 88.0kg 87.0kg

Not bad for about 6 weeks.

carbs+sugar is MOST important..if its calories you are counting..then eat all the salad you want (no dressing of course)...:blink:

But if youre dealing with "stress weight"..then take Cortisol pills..I have lost 12lb..my wife as well..exercise and keep a good diet as well but no need to go nuts with restrictions (assuming this is the case of course)

Certain cortisol pills can have a negative feedback loop on estrogen. Be careful, as you do need some estrogen in your body. If your joints get dry, scale back a bit.

What pills are you using if you don't mind me asking?

30 days into alternate day fasting and my body mass index is now 25 - so I'm officially no longer overweight! Probably for the first time in my life.
I've never been on a diet, and I don't view ADF as "a diet." It's just a way of eating that is easy and convenient and seems to deliver a wide range of health benefits. It also frees up a fair bit of time on the fasting days (especially if you cook for yourself.)

As for whether it is sustainable, I can only speak for myself, but it's a total non-issue. This feels normal to me now.

proxy.php

Edit> I thought I would double check the breakfast I have on the modified fasting day to make sure it matched the 600 calories advised. I've been adding lots of nuts, seeds and other extras.

Main dish: 340g (cooked) groats, 5g butter, 25g raisins, 5g goji berries, 5g cranberries, 25g blueberries, 3g walnut, 3g sunflower seeds, 3g brazil nut, 3g pecan nut, 3g pine nuts, 4g almonds.
Side nibbles: 25g radishes, 15g smoked mackerel, 85g tomato, 50g beetroot, 50g yoghurt.
Drink: 150g kefir (basically fermented whole milk.)

According to MyNetDiary, all of that adds up to ... 598 calories. Close enough! :biggrin1:

Last edited:
I've been doing modified alternate day fasting for 100 days now. Graph in previous post is updated with weight loss info.
My scales estimate body fat and muscle mass. I know the values aren't too accurate, but they are useful for tracking change, and easy to record, so here's a graph of that:

proxy.php

Calipers show my body fat to be even lower, but I don't do those measurements so often.

So, key point is, fasting hasn't lead to muscle wasting.

I hope others are as happy with their fasting experiments as I am. Doing this has been one of the best decisions of my life.
I may try incorporating features of the leangains system, it would be nice to increase muscle mass, and what I've read about it is convincing.

Certain cortisol pills can have a negative feedback loop on estrogen. Be careful, as you do need some estrogen in your body. If your joints get dry, scale back a bit.

What pills are you using if you don't mind me asking?

I'm curious too. Cortisol hits me about this time of year as I cleanse for a few weeks before blasting again at the beginning of winter. I have to eat a ridiculous amount of food to keep weight under control.

Zero estrogen in men is as bad as zero testosterone in women.

I might be doing something extreme, but I know my body and my mind and what I can and cannot do. Thinking about keto's and windows gives me a headache. My need is to keep things simple. Basically it's a 5-2 intermittent program. So I eat nothing on Tuesdsy and Thursday, just drink water. I Just started it. Doesn't seem to difficult. I'll reply back here in six months.

Metabolism/Blood Sugar Regulation
Boron
Biotin
Cocoa Powder
Cinnamon
Apple Cider Vinegar
L-Carnitine
L-Tyrosine
Adrenal Granules
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Cayenne Pepper
and more of course...

Standard vitamins and minerals are recommended. Also, there is synthetic estrogen poison in all of our food, water, any product that makes contact with the skin, even some clothing. For this, you need to take Diindolylmethane (DIM). It also helps with weight loss and has many anti-cancer benefits. Good for males and females of all ages.

Metabolism/Blood Sugar Regulation
Boron
Biotin
Cocoa Powder
Cinnamon
Apple Cider Vinegar
L-Carnitine
L-Tyrosine
Adrenal Granules
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Cayenne Pepper
and more of course...

Standard vitamins and minerals are recommended. Also, there is synthetic estrogen poison in all of our food, water, any product that makes contact with the skin, even some clothing. For this, you need to take Diindolylmethane (DIM). It also helps with weight loss and has many anti-cancer benefits. Good for males and females of all ages.

I forgot to include berberine. They say I can't edit after 15 minutes.

I think you'll get more benefit from simply eating little or nothing for about six hours or so before bed. The American habit of making supper the biggest meal of the day isn't good for your sleep and it tends to lead to more weight gain.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm toying with intermittent fasting, going 14 -16 hrs without eating a few days a week. Eating nothing after about 6 or 7 PM and then not eating again until 10 AM or there abouts. I tend to get up early, so I'll drink black coffee, tea or water until "brunch". I haven't been at it long or consistently so I can't report any real results yet.

Diets for most part do not work, life style, exercise, and what goes in mouth makes you fat, slim, or just right.

If you have metabolic disorder it can affect wright. So metabolic visored can not be treated.

If you want to know what not to eat a trip to Walmart may help, lurk in grocery department, see what LAND WHALES are buying, to eat most grossly obese eat not of nutritional value.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Diets for most part do not work, life style, exercise, and what goes in mouth makes you fat, slim, or just right.

If you have metabolic disorder it can affect wright. So metabolic visored can not be treated.

If you want to know what not to eat a trip to Walmart may help, lurk in grocery department, see what LAND WHALES are buying, to eat most grossly obese eat not of nutritional value.
Metabolic syndrome/disorder usually involves insulin resistance which can be addressed with diet and supplements that help re-balance hormones. But it requires knowledge and dedication/discipline. Dr. Don Colbert has several books that address these issues. This one is on sale:

Dr. Colbert's Hormone Health Zone: Lose Weight, Restore Energy, Feel 25 Again!: Colbert MD, Don: 9781629995731: Amazon.com: Books - https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Colberts-Hormone-Health-Zone/dp/1629995738/ref=sr_1_5?qid=1694359211&refinements=p_27%3ADon+Colbert+MD&s=books&sr=1-5&text=Don+Colbert+MD

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Quercetin also helps control blood sugars amongst other benefits:

Taking Bromelain with the Quercetin increases the absorption rate of the Quercetin into the body’s cells which is even better than just Quercetin alone. :)

Other supplements that will help also balance blood sugar, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Chromium picolinate and Chitosan which is a fiber helps blood sugar, insulin and cholesterol. Also promotes weight loss. :)

Top Bottom