What's new

Inexpensive hobby

If you look at it as a hobby, it really is inexpensive. Even an expensive soap ranges $40-$70, and the most expensive razors and brushes are all under $500, not counting custom jobs. Guitars (my other hobby) can easily go up to $2,000-$5,000. And then there are amplifiers, pedals, speaker cabinets, microphones, P.A. systems, etc. Oil painting on canvas is probably a comparable hobby in terms of cost. One can spend a lot of money on canvases and special paints, but most can do it quite cheaply.

However, most of us find that the immense world of scents, soaps, blades, brushes and razors is far too tempting to not delve into, and I for one spend far more than I ever did on shaving with a cart and can. But my last trip to Guitar Center was still more expensive than my entire three months of wet shaving, in which I have accumulated more shaving stuff than I could use in at least three years, so I have to agree with the OP.

This is me. I have a whole room for my guitars and assorted stuff. My shave gear gets part of the bathroom counter...can't even call it a "den". I went through guitar AD so SWMBO hasn't even noticed my razors yet.

Top Bottom