What's new

Indulgence of the Night 10/23 - 10/29

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Mama Bear said:
Alright audiophiles, jump all over me now... :w00t: :rolleyes:

I'd love to, but you don't offer much to complain about. :thumbup1: I use Goertz Alpha-Core cables because they're well made and look good. I harbor no illusion that they are any better than cables that cost half as much, nor do I think the sonic integrity of my system is in any way compromised because I didn't spend ten times as much.

rtaylor61 said:
The first time I ate cornbread here in Salt Lake City, I knew one thing. Either they couldn't make cornbread, or based on the sugar content, they couldn't bake a cake.

Randy

:biggrin: :biggrin1: :biggrin: :biggrin1:

Marty

Mama Bear said:
I have all sorts of weird stories from audiophiles about what they could hear or not hear.... I have to laugh over the telepathic messages from your neighbors dog... that's about it.

I have always wanted to meet someone who would pay $695.ft for /cable.... :biggrin: That's nuts. Even if the wire was pure gold, an audio signal is electronic and uses skin effect. Gold plated would work just as well. Even if you use gold plated connectors, they only do you as well as your wire, so if you are not using gold plated wire, you're not doing yourself a lot of good paying the extra cash for the gold connectors, even tho they are nice...... and let's not even get into the audio myth of oxygen free copper... OFHC is very brittle and will corrupt easily, do not use this near salt water....

All you need is a high strand count of pure copper, a good insulation, preferrably Poly pro or foamed PE with the proper impedance ( judged by the amount of insulation material diameter) for digital you want 110 ohm. period preferably the foamed PE, good solder interconnects, high quality connectors and a nice strain relief so there is not too much of an angle at your connection point. The right angle connectors are a nice alternative, but I would still use a piece of shrink tube over your crimp/solder point. 24g is kind of skinny, but for 2' patch cords, what's the difference.....

Alright audiophiles, jump all over me now... :w00t: :rolleyes:

You know soaps AND A/V cables? Will you marry me?

TimmyBoston said:
Not a fan, I really expected that I would be because I'm a bourbon nut, I honestly I like it least of all of the cope's. THe straight is my favorite, it's sweetened lightly with molasses, but otherwise it's the same as the long cut. I have a tin of the snuff and one of straight I always keep around, also mixing the two together is nice, because it lessens the sweetness of the straight, adds more flavor with the snuff and makes it easier to keep in one place with the long cut, it's a nice way to chew.
For the black, I've actually had better luck, adding a few drops of bourbon into a fairly dry tin, then going for the imitation bourbon flavor. Also a couple of drops of an Islay Scotch are very nice as well.

Thank you, for the thorough response. I've also not tried the snuff. Isn't the snuff for snorting?

TraderJoe said:
Thank you, for the thorough response. I've also not tried the snuff. Isn't the snuff for snorting?
He means the Original Cope...it is referred to as snuff. Snuff in the USA is different than what you are referring to. The original is worth a try. I used to chew/dip cope all of the time. Now usually Levi Garrett or Cope only when Hunting or Fishing.

Forgot to add from last night...

Before dinner...

Bombay Saphire Martini Dry...2 Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives

After dinner...

3 fingers of Glenmorangie with a couple drops of distilled water and Dunhill's Early Morning Pipe. Much better job packing the pipe last night. Made it through the whole bowl almost without relighting...kept it cool too. Very relaxing.

The last of my Marlin Flake tonite:
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't posted on either shaving site in ages, some of you may remember me lol, but must admit I check the IOTN threads nightly and I adore them, so I figured I ought to start posting in them.

Tonight, Ardbeg 10. Quite enjoyable. I'm rather fond of Islay's.

My indulgence lately has been going to my clients' restaurant openings. Tonight it was a potential investor mixer for a place that will feature jazz and "modern soul food." Had some amazing crab cakes, ribs and jambalaya, all passed around throughout the night on big platters while the wine flowed like water -- my guess is that they got a few investors to sign on the dotted line :thumbup:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Scotto said:
The last of my Marlin Flake tonite:
full

That lasted a while. I just sent some to Timmy Boston (last of my open stock). Perhaps he'll trade you for a bowl of CC. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
This evening my indulgence was in three parts...

(1) - I smoked my pipe for the first time... Comerford and Sons "house blend" tobacco... It was nice...

(2) - Nice hot shower followed by a geat shave.

(3) - Hot, spiced apple cider... (2 mugs actually).

I think that it is safe to say that it was a good evening.

Top Bottom