What's new

In The Aeroplane Over The Sea - Classic Album Discussion

This thread is getting more replies than I thought it would! My discussion about "Talking Heads - Remain In Light" only got two responses!

I tried it because it was one of those "albums you should listen to" but to be honest, it just didn't really do it for me. I've just never really tuned into their vibe. I've always loved "Burnin' Down the House" but I dunno, I'm just not in synch with their sound or something.

Masonjar, I think I might be the "middle" man. Three songs on this record are very good. After those three, I find no need to listen to the rest - it all seems to sound the same to me.

I'm a "middle" man on AOTS, too. I think it's interesting, the production and arrangements are odd in a cool way, and a few of the songs are tuneful, but I sold my LP probably two years after I bought it (what, ten years ago?) in a massive sale to finance a tour and never really missed it.

Phenomenal album. You know what I'm sick of? People saying there isn't any good music nowadays, but judging that only based on what's popular.

I don't think think of this album as being great for whatever reason. I personnaly didn't find it to have that big of an impact on what is music to me.

I just think that it is one of the musically most beautiful albums ever.

Legion

Staff member
I am not familiar with this artist or album. Based on the responses from everybody I will definitely be making an effort to check it out, though. While I'm sure you guys are right and this album is really good, why is this thread a sticky? I'm just wondering. :confused:

This is one of those cds I have to be in the right mindset to listen too; but when I'm in, this album is near perfection. One of those cds that greatly influenced underground/diy indie music.

Good choice!

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
This thread is getting more replies than I thought it would! My discussion about "Talking Heads - Remain In Light" only got two responses!

One of them was mine. :biggrin:

I thought it was an excellent choice.

I am not familiar with this artist or album. Based on the responses from everybody I will definitely be making an effort to check it out, though. While I'm sure you guys are right and this album is really good, why is this thread a sticky? I'm just wondering. :confused:

That is the desired effect of the Record Shop. Either to return to an old fave or discover a new one. :thumbup1:

Just began listening to this after reading the praise it gets on Headfi.org

Holland 1945 at the moment is my favourite track. I love the relentless vocals.

I must say I was surprised to see this on this here forum!

Top Bottom